“Unexpected Visit Turned into Spectacular Reception and new friends.”

Bee Hive Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
Bee Hive Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Home
“Unexpected Visit Turned into Spectacular Reception and new friends.”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I was originally booked to stay at the Patchwork Quilt Country Inn. I travelled from Kansas and did not get in until very late on July 13th. I called for directions and was informed that I could not stay at the Inn because they had no power or water from storm damage. They said I would have to find another place. It was 11pm and it was college orientation week in nearby South Bend and I could not find any place to stay so I called back Patchwork and they said they would try Treva the owner of Bee Hive for me. Treva told me to come down. I did not arrive until midnite which is very late for a B$B checkin but Herb and Treva welcomed me like family. They showed me to the cottage and helped me carry in my baggage. Treva brought soda, juice, water, an ice bucket, and some crackers with peanutbutter for me to enjoy. We talked and they gave me great travel hints for the area. They showed me how to use and find everything in the cottage. It was well appointed with two double beds, a private washroom with shower, a dining area with microwave, two wonderful Amish carved rockers, a CD radio alarm clock and a sit out porch. The cottage was very nicely appointed and decorated with country and quilting charm and flair. Treva invited me to have a later breakfast and I was grateful after travelling so long and being so late. I usually choose B&B's for my vacation travels because I love the hominess and local insight. I do not enjoy B&B's that are rigid with rules. Herb and Treva were very open and flexible which made my stay most comfortable. All guests get to use the main house livingroom to enjoy games, reading, or waatching TV. I brought a takeout dinner home and ate it in the lovely diningroom. I have only great memories of this comfortable oasis and the people who maaade me feel part of their famliy. Although I did not choose to stay here originally, I am grateful for them taking in this lost traveller and will return next summer!!!

Room Tip: I would stay in a room on the main floor to take advantage of the living/dining area or request the...