“Best catfish anywhere”

Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Monticello
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Oakdale Dam Inn is a casual dining family restaurant. We are located on the beautiful Tippecanoe River adjacent to Oakdale Dam which forms Lake Freeman. We serve only USDA Choice hand cut steaks, Fresh USA Farm Raised Catfish, Center Cut Pork Loins, a large variety of appetizers, and have over 20 Draft Beers on Tap and 60 bottled beers in stock. Open for Lunch and Dinner Tuesday - Sunday.
Reviewed May 19, 2016

The service is excellent, we like the casual, friendly atmosphere, and the food is always excellent. We don't even get a menu, they know what we want!

2  Thank Patty S

Reviewed April 27, 2016

This is a local's hangout, and with good reason. Catfish, fries, burgers, beer, fun people, near the lake. All good stuff. Now, this isn't a fancy place, so come casual, comfortable, and ready to just kick back and have a good time. Like I said, all the locals know this one, so sit and talk with someone. I'll bet they have some good stories.

1  Thank djkudrak
Reviewed February 13, 2016

We travel from the middle of Lake Shafer to the Oakdale Dam Inn for the friendly atmosphere, good food, attentive staff and cold beer.

2  Thank bestbandb
Reviewed February 11, 2016

Years ago I had visited the Inn w realtives and had enjoyed the food and drink..The setting is very interesting[on the dam]and the area is quirky..Youn have to drive out of the way to get there but,esoecially the first time,is worth it..It is famous for its catfish but I was in the mood for a tenderloin so thats what I had..It was decent but not that different..I wanted a huge central Indiana breaded tenderloin but it didnt match up w my desire for something special..I would do the fish next time..The beer was cold with a diverse selection...The bartender was excellent..I was there in the later afternoon and the place was filled w locals at the bar with others filtering into the dining area which was fairly small..The hostess was very friendly..I enjoyed my stop but probably wouldnt do it again before I sampled other nearby sites..The river and dam were cool..

Reviewed October 17, 2015 via mobile

Ok very average looking place when you pull in the parking lot. Let me start by saying the place is clean and the service was above average. Now for the food. On a 5 scale. Salad 2.5, catfish 3, steak 3.5 onion rings 2.5 . My opinion is overpriced. 2 piece whole fish meal 14.95. Now if you want to have a beer and watch some sports in there little bar, can be fun.