“Anglers Monticello, Indiana”

Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Monticello
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2015

Good food at a good price. Comfortable surroundings and very good service.

Food has that home cooked taste and ingredients are of excellent quality.

Preparation and presentation is very good.

An excellent choice of food for the price.

1  Thank R H

Reviewed August 12, 2015

Restaurant very clean and nice. Wait staff very friendly. The food was very good and the salad bar was very good with many choices.

1  Thank Sumtique
Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

My family and I were looking for a place to have a good meal at. After a Google search we decided to give this place a try. I read mixed reviews but felt it was worth a shot. As we entered we were greeted and seated promptly. Our food was great. Our order consisted of Road Kill special which is ground beef, the cranberry pecan salad, butterfly shrimp, and chicken tenders. My family enjoyed the meal. We also had peppermint ice cream which was great.

2  Thank Lcoo
Reviewed December 26, 2014

My wife and I stopped by here today for a bite to eat. Ordered Pork chops with mashed potatoes and salad bar. My wife ordered butterflied shrimp with mixed veggies and salad bar. Her shrimp were very good but the cocktail sauce was only so-so. Salad bar was minimal but okay. Not much of a selection of sides to complete a meal but it was manageable. My pork chops were done just right and juicy but the mashed potatoes were instant.
Overall we filled our bellies but the experience could have been a lot better.
Service was excellent and the bill was $32+ with drinks and no desserts.
If we happen to have the occasion to be in the area again we will try some other place. There was nothing here to draw us back again.

4  Thank calloused_traveler
Reviewed November 17, 2014

We went here as kids. Albeit this is not the Angler's I believe my grandparents would remember. I remember family style fish dinners that my grandparents took us to at this place. A few fond memories of this place are what keeps bringing us back here. Went to dinner here on a Saturday evening. We had the Prime Rib, Gyro dinner and Spaghetti. I know nothing to do with fish house fare as the name suggests. All of our food was enjoyed. What we really enjoy was the salad bar. We would rate that excellent. Gone are the days that salad bars are a staple of restaurants. But this place still does a great job of providing an all you can eat salad bar with leaf lettuce salad and fixings, pasta salad, bean salad, pea salad, slaw and beets. This place is worth a visit for the salad bar alone.

4  Thank wetravelalot007