“standard Best Western, but showerhead not functioning”

Best Western Plus Brandywine Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Monticello
Chicago, IL
“standard Best Western, but showerhead not functioning”
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Stayed there for one night on business. This hotel was clean, no frills. Nice front desk staff, easy check-in and check-out. Continental breakfast was limited - pastries, juice, apples, yogurt. Bed was adequate and comfortable. My showerhead was horrible - it literally dripped out water. Tried to fix it, but to no avail. Of course I didn't find out until when I was in said shower. Not a good start to the morning.

I would only recommend if the showerhead is working. Check your bathroom when you check in!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank fun-happy-traveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Romeoville, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Pretty average hotel, been to better and worse. The Staff very helpful and friendly!! Nice Continental breakfast set up.Only complaint pool very strong bleach smell, overheard many comments and our 2nd flr pop machine was sold out almost everything, had to go to other flrs. Would go back though.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lyn814
Burlington, Indiana
Reviewed 15 January 2010

This place is clean, but the service lacks! Nobody willing to assist. The stay would have been pleasureable if they would care for customers.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shonda421
Indianapolis,IN
Reviewed 15 October 2008

This review is long overdue and I apologize. Let me start of by saying that I travel quite a bit on business and make my rounds to Monticello at least twice a year, one week at a time. However, I stayed there back in May 2008 and guess what... I had "insect stings" all over me from my first night stay there. So bad infact, that I had to go to the clinic there in Monticello to be examined and that was their diagnosis..."insect stings all over scalp, back, and neck". Long, long story short, I complained to the hotel managment that day, checked out immediately, went to the local Health Department the next day (that was a mistake since everybody knows everybody in Monticello - should have gone to the State Board of Health), and called the actual Best Western chain. The hotel didn't even give me that night's stay free or even a discount for that matter. Maybe a coupon even, but NO, nothing!! A week later, the hotel called me and basically said they couldn't find anything in the room to "support my accusations" and case closed. However, two doctor visits later, it came to be that I also had ringworm show up and it was all over me even on my scalp. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! So apparently this hotel doesn't clean the rooms or change sheets like they are suppose to after every guest. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!! That is unfortunate because I do travel there quite often. I advise anyone who dares to stay at this hotel to be sure your room (bed) is cleaned (comforter and all) from the last guest(s). Check mattresses from bed bugs (I've done extensive research on this). However, since this place stays busy all season long (especially in the summer- Indiana Beach), I seriously doubt they make sure these rooms are clean after every guest because of my own experience there.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
8 Thank cherae716
sculptures, manager at Best Western Plus Brandywine Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2010
Please let me assure anyone reading this posting that we are a very clean hotel. We have in fact earned a Best Western Director's Award. Only Best Western's demonstrating the highest standards in cleaning and maintenance can earn this award. The guest's complaint is an isolated one and there is not a factual basis for the guest's problem being related to our hotel. We take great pride in our cleanliness, presentation, and service to our guests. Please stop by we would love to show you a room and you can judge for yourself!
Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We stayed at this hotel because it was one of two offered for a wedding that we were attending. Being that it was a Best Western hotel, I was expecting nice accommodations (especially for the cost that they charged us). I was extremelyy disappointed at the uncleanliness of the room when we first walked in. And when it came time to go to bed, I saw that the comforter had some kind of dried mucus on it. And, the mattress was very uncomfortable because it seemed to be very old and well-used. Also, the front desk staff appeared to be overwhelmed because they said the hotel was at full capacity. When I requested an extra blanket, I was told "We're at full capacity - we may not be able to give you one."

Overall, I was VERY disappointed at the conditions of the hotel. It is in desperate need of updating, possibly more front desk staff who can handle when the hotel is running at full capacity.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank bikerdeb61
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2008

We were in town for a wedding that started at 4 o'clock not far from the hotel. We called earlier and asked if we could check in early --so we could get ready for the wedding there. We were told repeatedly that there was a full house the night before and that they could pass our request on to housekeeping --but no promises. We were very happy when we were able to check in upon arrival. The rooms were rather disappointing. The mattresses were awful --probably well overdue to be replaced. My friend said that the sheets on the bed didn't seem to have been changed - and the comforter on one of the beds looked like someone blew their nose in it. It was really disgusting. We asked for extra blankets and they told us again that they would see what they could do because it was a FULL HOUSE. Apparently being at capacity is a strain on the entire staff --and they don't mind letting you know that!! It was ok --but the hotel is in dire need of a makeover. Replace those horrible mattresses ---and pillows.

• Disliked — The later check-in time and the horrible mattresses. It wasn't very clean either.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank Newton22
Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 June 2007

This hotel is incredible. The entire place was spotless, the staff was very friendly and courteous. I loved the full fitness center that is available for free to hotel guests. My kids couldn't believe the indoor full court basketball court and tennis courts that was available to them. The pool, hot tub and sauna were used by my entire family. We plan on coming back for a full weekend with the entire family to enjoy this gem.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank kensinger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
29.8 km away
37.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette Wabash Landing
39.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport

Been to Best Western Plus Brandywine Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!