“Heat is Rather Essential”
Review of Countryside Inn

Countryside Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Nappanee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 November 2015

I'll start with the positives: clean, inexpensive, provided a late check-in, better than average breakfast, and a good hot shower. What is lacking? Heat, for starters. The heater was very loud & blew nothing but cold air. When questioned, the front desk worker said, "Give it 15 minutes." I proceeded to blow cold air into my room for 15 minutes...nothing. The follow-up call was answered with a couple extra sheets and an explanation that I could not be moved since the hotel was full, so I bundled up. There was also no iron, which I do realize is an amenity, but would have been nice. Since I live within a few blocks of train tracks, the trains didn't bother me as much, but they are loud.

Room Tip: Verify that the room has a working heater.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy B

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

The Nappanee Inn is conveniently located near Amish Acres, clean, new, and reasonably priced. Breakfast was good. There is a train track across the
street but we found that not to be a problem
track across the street but we found that not to be a problem.
Breakfast included oatmeal, pancakes and good quality breads there is a train track across the street but we found that not to be a problem.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2015

So, this place was... adequate. We stayed here for a wedding in the area, and the price was right. Room was clean and beds were comfortable.

BUT…it's near a train crossing and the trains come through during the day about every 10-15 minutes. At night it was more like every half hour. BLOWING their whistle a LOT every time. Eventually, when you fall asleep, you really don't hear them anymore but it was still pretty annoying.

And "breakfast" -- VERY limited compared to other places, and they don't seem to restock it during the breakfast hours. Out of bagels both mornings, out of yogurt, 2 pieces of wheat bread only, about 6 of white, juice machine broken, no fruit, only real coffee - no decaf (we just made that in our room though). Disappointed!

Last tip: If you're coming with other people, ask to have your rooms in the same wing. The way it is laid out, every time we wanted to go visit with my mom and sister, we had to go down our hallway, down the stairs, across the whole main floor, up the stairs, down the long hallway. Then reverse it because i forgot something…and then go back again! Not really a problem for us (I need the exercise!), but if it had been my mom trying to do that every time it would have been an issue!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We enjoyed our recent stay at The Nappanee Inn and will definitely stay here the next time we are in town. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and updated and included free breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would recommend staying here when visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank samib0921
Reviewed 18 August 2015

We stayed only one night. Our room had no clock, no hotel info, but the main thing was NO INTERNET!! Although they did give us an internet code upon check in, the internet did not work. There were also no working drink machines in the hotel.

My daughter accidentally left her cellphone charger in the room so later that evening she called the Inn and was told they would call her in the morning and let her know if it was found. Of course, she never received a return phone call. I then e-mailed the Inn and I still have not received a response. We really did not expect it to be "found" but a response would have been appreciated.

Needless to say, I recommend you head on down the road. The Farmstead Inn in Shipshewana is a great place to stay. Wish we had went on over there ourselves. ;(

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank PKF80
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Arrived at Nappanee Inn signed in and went to our room. Cleaning lady came out of our room and said it was ready and she told a young girl to spray deodorizer in rooms.
We went inside and noticed that the room smelled, and we thought one of the cleaning persons kids must have gone to the bathroom in our room, but we did not see anything in the toilet.
Husband laid on one bed and I got on the other to watch TV while he slept. I got up and noticed that there was something brown on the carpet by the other bed, and I pulled up the bedspread and there was a pile of dog crap on the floor. Told my husband to go tell management and they said no one stayed in that room with a dog, but the owners dog had gotten locked in a room which must have been ours.
My question is why is there a pit bull in the hotel anyway running the halls with a bunch of kids which we assumed was the cleaning persons children. They gave us another room which we found out later that the toilet had one side on the base broken totally off.
I think this place needs to be inspected by the health department and shut down!
They provided a free breakfast with a booked room but after all that went down we
decided not to risk it!
Management did not offer to take off anything on the over $100.00 stay when we checked out.
We were not the only ones having issues with this hotel as we heard people talking in the hallway.
My suggestion is to stay away from this hotel !

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank JavaBebe123
Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

The Nappanee Inn is located just down the road from Amish Acres . It is a good Inn, nothing fancy, just a good place to stay in Nappanee. The complimentary Continental breakfast was good but again nothing fancy. They had make your own pancakes, cereal, breads, rolls and toast with butter and jelly.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nappanee
1.3 km away
2.5 km away
Homespun Country Inn
Homespun Country Inn
#1 of 5 in Nappanee

Been to Countryside Inn? Share your experiences!