“Peaceful and inviting”

T.C. Steele State Historic Site
Ranked #8 of 33 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Brown County home and studio of Indiana artist T.C. Steele - still filled with original artwork and furnishing - and experience the gardens and landscape that influenced so much of his work. This location is part of the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites, a statewide museum system with 12 locations.
Reviewed September 13, 2017

The T.C. Steele Historic Site was a place of true peace for me. The yard felt much like the space where I was raised. Big, old shady trees and quiet. You can hear the breeze through the trees and the squirrels preparing for the winter. Delightful.

All reviews
"a bit off the beaten path"
"guided tour"
"alive"
"nature"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Absolutely loved the T.C, Steele historic home and gardens. The staff was superb, very knowledgable and friendly. The home has been meticulously restored. We loved walking on the grounds and exploring too.

1  Thank Penny P
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I was amazed at the House of the singing Winds. The area is one of the most peaceful places Ive ever been. If you are into art at all this is the place for you.You will get an education. Ive been there numerous times and I will return again over and over again. Do not miss this.

2  Thank oliverfluffdog2
Reviewed July 26, 2017

T.C. Steele State Historic Site holds a special place in my heart forever. This is the location that my husband and I decided to hold our wedding at and it was absolutely perfect! Very affordable location, incredibly natural and beautiful for photos, and a lovely vibe for those who want a wedding outdoors. We had a Pastor marry us, we had about 120 guests, and were married outside of T.C. Steele's home on the Historic Site. It was a perfect location for us, but the gardens down the hill are also a popular place for weddings. I would definitely recommend this location to all those who visit Nashville, IN. It embraces the rustic and unique vibes that Nashville displays and is a bit off the beaten path, which makes it a hidden gem around this area. We picnicked here a couple days before our wedding; it's a great place to explore and experience as a family/couple. The Friends of T.C. Steele have done a great job at keeping the natural beauty of this site alive and managing the buildings for great upkeep!

2  Thank Kat V