“Decent sports bar”
Review of Stacked Pickle

Stacked Pickle
Ranked #63 of 109 Restaurants in Plainfield
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Sports. Wings. Burgers. Beer. In here, it's ALWAYS gametime!
Description: Sports. Wings. Burgers. Beer. In here, it's ALWAYS gametime!
Reviewed July 6, 2018

I'll go ahead and give this place 4 stars because I accept it for what it is. It's basically a sports bar. If your expecting a fancy restaurant of any sort you'll be disappointed. It is roomy with enough tv's and a good sound system. A good place to watch a game or have a drink or 2. The service was a little slow but once they got to us it was ok. i wouldn't really recommend the burgers. they are not bad but average as are the wings. What is really good is the fries,flat breads,tenderloin, philly,fish and chips, chips and con queso, fish taco's fried pickles ,and the cocktails are strong and not too expensive.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Met friends for dinner recently. None of us had ever eaten here before. First impression was not good. Approached the host and said there were going to be 4 of us but wanted to make sure one of the others hadn’t arrived already. Looked around and said no, we were the first two to arrive. He seemed confused and asked if “any” of us were there. I replied yes, the two of us (who were obviously standing there). Food was nothing great, not really even good. Husband had pork bbq, not much of a serving and nothing special. I had burger, nothing great, pressed patty, friends had chicken fingers that looked like old shriveled up frozen cheap nuggets. Only person that liked their food was her husband’s tenderloin. For the money, I’d go somewhere else, and we will. Gave it a good try but can’t say anything good. I’ve heard it was just bad pub food and have to agree.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 17, 2018

First of all, I want to say that I don't typically write negative reviews on anything, but this was our first time eating at this restaurant and it was bad enough that we will not be going back. We visited on St. Patrick's Day, which was kind of a gamble. We knew it might be busy with a long wait to be seated. Much to my surprise (should have been a clue) when I checked in they quoted only a 15 minute wait to be seated and there was open seating at the bar area. We chose to go to the bar area and looked forward to watching some basketball while enjoying drinks and dinner. It took several minutes before we were noticed and attended to by a waitress even though we were seated right next to the place where the waitresses enter their orders on the computer and a group of them were congregated as we sat there. It took way longer than necessary to get our drink order and we had to ask to have waters. We had our drinks for quite a while before the waitress finally came to ask what we wanted to eat. After ordering, the waitresses (whose name I couldn't tell you because she never offered it and there was no name tag to go by) boyfriend arrived and sat at the table directly behind us. Funny thing, he got his food and drinks served in record time! What we ordered came out considerably later than his order. My burger was undercooked and my husband's shrimp was very disappointing. We did not receive much attention from our waitress who spent the biggest portion of the time sitting at the table with her boyfriend. She did bring our bill to us well before we were finished eating and told us there was no rush! So kind!! I would like to recommend to the management that they do a little customer satisfaction training with their serving staff. We left there feeling like we were a bother to the establishment. We will not be going back to the Stacked Pickle in Plainfield.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Melissa E
Reviewed March 7, 2018

The food here is varied and very good. Good service. It is a noisy place but friendly. Lots of families come here, which is good. Lots of TV's. I like the fried pickles. Reasonably priced. You can substitute sides and that makes the menu even more varied. A fun place to go.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Arrived - 5:19 pm, Host seated us quickly. Kristen L did an awesome job with recommendations, taking our orders and keeping aware if we needed anything. Kids had burgers and fries. I had taco’s. Husband had a California Burger. And good beer selection too! Thank you Kristen. Would recommend.

Date of visit: February 2018