“Yummm”

Narita Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 111 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

My niece had a taste for sushi but we didn't so this restaurant met both our desires.

We were a little hesitant going in as it didn't appear open (one car in parking lot) in a very populated area. Then we thought, let's try anyway. Once inside, we sat at a booth that gave us just enough privacy after a long day out and about. The menu was extensive but since we all knew what we had a taste for, we decided quickly. Miso soul, avocado salad, crispy vegetable spring roll and a California roll to start - Mmmm Mmm good. Our entrees of Pad Thai and Hibachi Vegetables were scrumptious.

So glad we chose this restaurant over the others - and glad we came when we did as it did start to fill up fast.

Consider this a recommendation.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Pros: The sushi is pretty good with a variety of rolls to choose from on the menu. The hibachi is typical. It's not too special, especially for the price you pay. I would suggest going elsewhere or just using their carry-out.

Cons: Do not come during the weekend. There is never enough wait staff. We were given our drinks and then sat for at least 15-20 minutes before ordering. The waitress re-appeared to take our order. We sat for almost an hour. We were never given our soup and salad. My husband's entree was brought to the table, and our waitress didn't have a clue she had left us sitting. Sadly, this is not the first time we have had poor service but it will be the last. I have given Narita multiple chances, but I REFUSE to pay their prices with ATROCIOUS service! The amount of money that you pay for consistently poor service is not worth it, and frankly, the food isn't worth the wait or poor service!

If you want to wait, wait, wait give it a shot!

1  Thank Heather M
Reviewed June 1, 2017

I have been a couple of times. Food is always good, service isn't speedy but always polite. Price is high but doesn't keep me from going back every now and then.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

I ate some fantastic spicy tuna rolls there with my boyfriend and his friend and I was genuinely impressed with their delicious choices and fantastic ambience for an affordable price. Definitely would come back

Reviewed March 1, 2017

This place was not bad overall, I have visited several Japanese Steakhouses in my time and this one ranks somewhere in the middle. The food was not bad but the overall experience was mediocre. While it was entertaining to play with the very limited English speaking waitress it did become somewhat of an issue when it became obvious that her language skills were directly tied to the menu. But actually one can take that as a plus if you are seeking a really traditional experience (like if you fell of the boat in Japanese waters and had to order some food:) Regardless this was an ok place, its not Yamatos, its not Shoguns.. It's Narita.. The sushi was fresh and good, no complaints there it was actually pretty awesome, but the Habatchi was just average and the didn't offer the different sauces to dip your meat in.. Was this review helpful? Please let me know!