“Very Accommodating”

Quality Inn Plainfield
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I frequent this location about 3 times a year. Management has gone out of their way to give me the best rate available and has been very pleasant and friendly. The rooms have met my expectations and minor issues have been addressed accordingly. Few, if any, other hotels that I have visited, have graciously offered to keep leftover food from restaurants in their freezer until I checked out. (the refrigerator/freezer in the room was too small). In all respects, they go out their way to make my stay satisfying. I appreciate their customer service!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Hotel Information:
Quality Inn
6105 Cambridge Way
Plainfield, IN, US, 46168

Dates of stay were Friday Dec. 2nd thru Sunday December 4th.

Our room was not cleaned on Saturday, December 3rd. We even told the maids when leaving for the day on Saturday that our room could be cleaned. Their carts were still in the hallway when we left.

Our room had only two, very thin bath towels, two hand towels and two washcloths. I realize that only two people stayed in the room, but if you take more than one shower in a day or wash your hair, which I did, two towels just doesn't do it. When we returned to the hotel after midnight and realized that our rooms had not been cleaned and we had to go to the front desk to get more towels for the next day.

The water pressure in shower was awful. It was ridicuously low.

Breakfast was not worth mentioning. Bakery was scarce, hard and dry. Eggs were reconsituted. Sausage was partially cooked. Breakfast area ran out of coffee cups. The person running front desk was expected to not only handle front desk duties but to also staff and refill food and supplies in breakfast area.

Outside doors were never locked or latched and we did not have to use a guest key to get in. I had serious concerns about non-authorized access to the hotel.

Pool area and pool water was very cool and no towels were available for guest use.

Sink outside bath drained very slowly and you needed to watch when running water so it didn't reach overflow hole which then drained directly onto the counter.

Only a heavy comforter and sheets on bed. You either froze or were too warm. It would be nice if a light blanket was provided.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

This review is based solely on a conversation I just had on the phone with this hotel. My husband and son stayed here this past Friday and Saturday for a soccer tournament. We were told NO FUNDS would be charged until check in. On Thursday night I log into my account to see a pending charge which sent the account negative. Luckily I checked it and moved funds so that it would not be negative. It is now Tuesday and they are still holding $125.35 I called my bank and asked them to release it . They informed me that hotels will say it's the bank but it's actually the hotel who need to release the funds. I call the hotel and talk with a man ( heavy accent ) who tells me no it's the bank. I try explaining to him what my bank told me. I asked him to fax my bank and he got angry very fast. He cut me off and said I will do a refund so my funds are available today. I said ok and waited a few seconds on the line. He never came back on the line to say it was completed or to say good bye. A few seconds later I get a dial tone. Thank you sir for hanging up on a customer.

I have no idea what the rooms are like as my husband and son didn't really discuss it with me but we will not book here again when we have many other choices close by who I hope would treat us better.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

It was okay, bed comfortable. Clean room. I could hear the upstairs running water etc. Sink was slow draining the water. The outside was being refurbished. The flower beds, grounds needed weeded. Morning coffee, food was poor.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2016

After reading some of the reviews I was a little hesitant! It was a Rocky start to this trip, We are in town for the National Junior Volleyball Championships and we were supposed to be at a Comfort Inn but they messed up the reservations then we were moved to a Quality inn which had low ratings then we were moved here. Rooms are small but clean with no oder! Wifi is working great and check in was easy and fast. Lots of places to eat all around the Hotel. Pool looks nice. No elevator but only 2 floors. AC is working good. I will follow up when the stay is over but so far so good!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
enawala, Manager at Quality Inn Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Just checked in and have been moved to 3 different rooms! Indoor pool is closed due to the water being too cold! It is 90 outside! Was refused a refund so I can move hotels! Was told I'd have to speak to the manager in the morning. So have no other choice but to stay! Feel like I am being held hostage! Don't have the extra money to just go to a different hotel either! Angry doesn't even begin to explain how I feel right now!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

I typically stay with Marriott so I am used to a certain standard and this choice brand was surprisingly not far off. The room looked very nice and clean, staff was friendly checking in, ton of tv channels. It looks like they recently put some money into this older property. I would have no issue staying here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
enawala, Manager at Quality Inn Plainfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one