“Not up to snuff”

Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plymouth
“Not up to snuff”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Hotel appears new and the staff is very nice. Rooms are not as clean as they can be and frankly the ownership is not the most friendly. Breakfast is good for coffee only unless you like stale microwave food.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mitchieboy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Mitchieboy,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good qualities also. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Best wishes,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Had no reservations, figured Holiday Inn would be best bet for a last minute decision to stay overnight in Indiana.

Only rooms available were very outdated Jacuzzi rooms.
King bed with an old stained Jacuzzi in the middle of the room.
The Receptionist had to make several attempts to unlock a room for us and kept trying
different keys and rooms.
In the morning I received a notice/bill that my credit card was unable to accept my charge so I went to the front desk and happily provided them with a different card.

A couple of days later I discovered that I had been charged twice for my stay. Once on each card.

Today I will be contacting the Holiday Inn to see how well they handle this mishap. Ill let you know.

Really Unimpressed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Domesticdiva10,

Ben J
IHG Care
Oswego, New York
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Our team stayed at this hotel, as the hotel choices are limited for teams playing at Culver Academy. Most of the team were okay with this property. Our experience was not as good. When we arrived our room was freezing. No heat had been on for a long time. Took hours to warm the room up. The shower did not drain, I was standing in 2 inches of water trying to shower and figure out what was wrong with the shower. My 17 year old daughter and I, in 2 different beds both woke up with bites on our ankles. Mine itched, hers were just red and sore.The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. When my 9 year old daughter went to shower she had no hot water at all. The pancake machine thing was not working for breakfast. We had smelled electrical burning when we left for our game, when we came back the fire alarm had gone off. They were doing renovations at the time. Also when we returned an over powering smell of glue in our hallway, made breathing difficult for myself with asthma. It did not smell in our room so I was okay..This was the worst stay at a Holiday Inn we have ever had. There just is not any other places to stay in this area, when the Swan Lake is closed and there is a new Comfort Inn opening soon next door..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I recently spent three nights at this very comfortable hotel, and was pleased with the quality of the property and the staff.

The hotel itself is a modern oasis in Plymouth. :) A colleague and I were working in a neighboring town, and it was a pleasure to return to the hotel each evening. Easy access to the freeway and charming downtown Plymouth.

The front desk staff and the breakfast room manager were friendly and helpful. I only had a few interactions with them and they were all pleasant. (Breakfast was included in the nightly rate.)

The room was spacious and comfortable. Free wi-fi! There is some renovation work going on, but it didn't impact my stay at all. I'd happily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Troy, MI
Reviewed 18 October 2011

On a recent motorcycle trip, I stayed at this hotel. Plymouth, IN is a nice place to stay for the night while in this area and traveling without reservations. Plymouth is located at the intersection of US-30 and US-31 so there are a few other motel/hotel properties to choose from in the immediate area. The Holiday Inn Express was clean and showing signs of recent renovations. The owners are clearly working to retain and/or get travelers business. I thought the price of $106 + taxes was a little high for a weeknight stay in a non-resort city. The hotel did not appear to be full but they would not discount beyond the usual AAA rate. I have stayed in many hotels of this caliber for a lower rate that included a refigerator and micor-wave in the room. My room did not have these ammenities. I might try another property if I'm in the area to see what others offer.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and I slept really good.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank prototypecycle
Chicagoland
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Clean, right off the highway. Nothing special - nothing bad either.

-- you can tell they are updating - rooms missing numbers, and obvious construction happening. My room had already been done. Not a bad stay at all

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Indianapolis
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed here for a business trip...not many hotels in this small town. This hotel is finishing up renovations and it is really nice and clean. Probably one of the cleanest I've seen. Mattress was the most comfortable I've had..in fact tried to find the brand on mattress because it was so great. Had your usual breakfast station that was nice. Scrambled eggs/sausage patties...not day had bacon (which almost was an oink oink...pretty raw...had to microwave it to cook it...), pastries, cereals. Nice pool. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Campandrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
0.1 km away
18.9 km away
Culver Cove Resort
Culver Cove Resort
#1 of 2 in Culver

Been to Holiday Inn Express Plymouth? Share your experiences!