All reviewssuper friendly staffcontinental breakfastadequate sizedecent pricewaffleslate checkwould definitely stay here againhighwayclerk
Reviewed February 4, 2009

We were returning from the U.P. in northern Michigan and after 400 miles decided to stay here. It looked OK in the lobby and outside BUT the room was something else
1st my husband smokes so we try to use smoking rooms and we stay in 30+ hotels/motels a year THIS one was awful. It stunk to high heaven.The ceiling was all water/rain stained,the chair had burn holes in it,the bedspread was stained and had at least 2 burn holes I saw,the bath mat was frayed all the way around,the mirror was dirty and spotted Before we used it,the sink had hair(again not ours)in it and was Very slow to drain,The lamp shades were also stained from ????,the back of the bathroom door was a mess. We were exhausted and went to bed after removing said bedspread, we told the checkout girl and she could of cared less did not even blink.asked to see the manager who at 8:30 still was not there. This hotel has a 100% guarantee but for what I do not know. What a mess outside in the morning right outside the lobby doors.DO NOT STAY HERE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank bevColdwater
Reviewed August 7, 2008

To be fair, it's not a terrible motel. Convenient to highway, comfortable beds, good amenities, working free Wi-Fi, adequate breakfast. But we were promised a non-smoking room when we reserved and at check-in, then put in a smoking room that reeked of smoke and left us and our clothes smelling of it for the rest of our trip. We were told there were no other rooms available. We opened a window to be able to breathe, and were deafened by loud truck engines and horns at 5:00 am.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank rtobinma
Reviewed July 17, 2008

This has to be the worst hotel my husband and I EVER stayed in. We were driving cross country and arrived very late. We both were looking to get settled in, and looking forward to relaxing. Upon entering the room, the first thing I noticed was the carpet bubbling up from the floor and a stench permeating the room. I believe the carpet had severe water damage - there were stains all over the carpet and what appeared to be a thick layer of dirt. I next noticed the chair in the room which also was stained. I tried to put it out of my mind as my husband went to get out luggage, but after taking a look at the bathroom and saw paint falling down from the ceiling I decided to take a look at the sheets - I have heard about hotels often having bedbugs and this hotel screamed bedbug city. When I went to check out the sheets not only did I see bugs, but what really disturbed me was the hair all over our sheets and pillows - everywhere! I then went to the bathroom to check the towels - they also had hair all over them. At this point we were so disgusted we had the manager come and change the sheets - which she did kindly do so - but at this point I started to worry that we were going to leave this place with bedbugs, and we decided to get out of there. As we were leaving another young couple was also fleeing the hotel for the same reason - with a young child they did not feel comfortable staying in such diplorable conditions! I have stayed in many Comfort Inn's and have never in my life seen one like this - this was the Bates motel!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jillian123
Reviewed July 13, 2008

This review replaces the one I posted on May 12th, 2007.

My wife, our Scottish Terrier, and I stayed here on June 30th & July 7th, 2008. This property is easy on-easy off exit #23 of the Indiana Toll Road. It takes pets, which pleased us. However there is a non-refundable pet cleanup fee, although our Scottie is a lady. There is a nice neighborhood nearby, where we walked our Scottie. The free breakfast was good. And there are plenty of restaurants and gas stations in the area. The front desk personnel, Theresa and Hardy, were terrific.

However, the property looks worn. One of the side security doors never worked, so anyone could walk in. It could use a new carpet. And there were cigarette burns on the bedspread. We'll stay there again, but I wish the owners would spiff it up.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Road802753
Reviewed May 7, 2008

The stay at this hotel started pretty well, plenty of parking, quick check in, good price and we got what we asked for

However things starting to go down hill from here, the room looked okay at first but was very dark even with all the lights on and the curtains opened.

The carpets were sticky and dirty, i ended up with black feet so i had to buy a pair of flip flops.

Front door needed a kicking to open and a good tug to close, when we got back from the first day, the maid had not locked the door as she had not pulled it closed properly. Next day we waiting for the room to get made up before going out

Then my son noticed bugs were crawling on the floor so after getting getting rid of them, i made him play on his bed.

The bathroom sink was seperate from the dirty bathroom, it smelt of urine so the previous occupant must have used it was a toilet

The towels had a yellow tint and were hard and well worn

Room was next to a trainline so trains were tooting passed very few minutes, way past midnight.

Toilet got blocked and wasn't a pretty sight

Maybe i got a bad room but i definately won't stay here again

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family