US$109
  • Breakfast included
Rodeway Inn(Portage)
US$55
RodewayInn
All reviewscontinental breakfastsuper friendly staffadequate sizedecent pricewaffleslate checkwould definitely stay here againhighwayclerk
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Not in perfect shape, but hotel is being carefully looked after by its owners. Largest room I've had in a while, quiet and comfortable. A bit dated in decor, but decent price. Worth a stop. Continental breakfast very good, including two sorts of eggs, sausage, and hotel waffles. Pleasant employees.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2017

We sold our house and were closing and reserved a room. Due to moving and closing changes we needed to add a second day and then needed a late check out. The staff was very accommodating. We were towing our second car and then need special consideration again on parking and the staff was great. Had issues with the auto-transport trailer and again the staff was happy to help.
The breakfast was good and hot. The rooms are adequate size, clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was a little thread bare but clean and functional.
Good location with a number of fast food and home cooking places near by.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2017

Not my favorite place to stay but it is reasonably priced and it is convenient to our needs. It is very difficult to maneuver the luggage cart because the thresholds are high.We have stayed here many times and my reviews have been better, however, this time it seems that the Eastern Indians have taken over. I am not prejudice in any way it is just that when the other people were here things were better. The shower was OK but the tub was a bit slippery...they would benefit from a tub mat. They do have grab bars and that was helpful. We had a room with 2 queen beds (125) so there were 4 towels. If you get a King bed there are only 2 towels. The towels are fairly large, some are softer than others. The sink leaks and water pools behind the faucet. It was not as clean as usual. There were several spots on the bathroom door jam that looked like it could be dried blood. I tried to wipe it with a wet Kleenex and it smeared. It appeared to be a make-up foundation. Bed was comfortable IMHO. The desk is not located nest to the AC/Heater. The refrigerator was cold but made a whining noise every so often. We did not loose sleep over it but it was annoying. Breakfast was minimal. I asked for peanut butter and she had no clue what I was talking about. She took me to the refrigerator and pointed to the butter.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 125
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

We were on our way back from Chicago airport heading towards Columbus after a very long international flight. Our car flashed maintenance Required couple of times so had to get the oil changed before we took off. It was getting late and the jet lag just wearing me off. After it was getting difficult to even drive at 65 and we just entered Indiana I decided to pull over at Portage. There were a few options like holiday inn comfort inn some lodges etc.
We decided to try comfort inn. My choice hotel membership and AAA helped me get deal in a standard double bed.
The property seemed old but maintained well. The room was clean and tidy and AC worked in the room. We were dog tired to watch TV or try the net. However soon noticed that the closet door was loose and came off on my wife as soon as she opened. I have attached a photo. Reception told me they knew about it and would get it repaired soon. The toilet really needed a makeover. Attached some photos. The bathroom wall near the ceiling was leaking some light into bedroom.
Breakfast was good. Staff was nice and helpful. Giving 3 star because of staff.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Manabendra M
Reviewed November 15, 2016

We have stayed @ this motel several times but this time was our last I think. In the past it had been average...this time I feel it was borderline unacceptable. There were only 2 towels, 2 hand towels and 2 washcloths available and they were on the skimpy side. The shower was either very slow drizzle or full blast 3 stream. It was an adjustable head but only 2 spots worked at all. There were blood stains on the sheets and a black stain on the comforter. One of my biggest pet peeves is having the desk next to the A/C unit. Bed was comfortable and people were nice if they were around.
Also there is only one luggage cart and it is very difficult to get in and out the front door and the room door because of the raised thresholds. You also have to use an asphalt ramp to get from the parking lot to the side walk and that ramp is broken at the parking lot end.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple