“Better than most Knights Inns - for sure!”

Interstate Motel - Rensselaer
Interstate Motel - Rensselaer
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rensselaer
Milwaukee
“Better than most Knights Inns - for sure!”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I was suprised when I opened the door to my room. I expected the worst - especially since the Knights Inn chain had been one I have pretty well crossed off my list after my last (and terrible) experience over five years ago at the one in Murfreesboro, TN. I gave it a shot, though, since reviews on TripAdvisor were on the better side. It paid off.

The room, though VERY basic, was well maintained and felt clean to me. A very nice "under 50 bucks" place to crash fo rthe night. Limited toiletries and a VERY firm mattress - but a good room over all. Staff was friendly, and I was suprised to find out that the room actually does have internet service - something that wasn't there when I made the reservation months in advance. It is good Wifi, too.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This hotel is good for basic accommodations. The staff was quite friendly and welcoming, gave me suggestions for what I could do/see the next day with family (not much but that's not the hotel's fault.)

Accommodations did not include many of the "perks" I've come to expect even in budget-level rooms. No microwave or refrigerator though there was a nice TV. Even though it was not listed, I was pleased to find out that wi-fi WAS available. The furniture looked as though it had seen better days. Still worked for what it was there for, though.

I wish that it had allowed pets - I would have liked to have brought my small dog with me on the trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Indiana
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My son and I stayed here on our way to my Grandfathers funeral in Fowler, it was a very clean room, it was quiet at night and the lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with directions, if you need somewhere to stay that is affordable then this is a great litte place to stay! its not some fancy high class place if that's what your used to you probably wont like it, but were just everyday people(we love to camp and would have if not for the purpose of our trip needing us to be showered and dressed up) and it was great for us! I woud definately stay here again if the need arised.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 30 September 2008

Typical Knights Inn. Cheap quality everything but clean, inexpensive, and the small pool was very clean. Share-croppers staying at hotel were grilling in front of their rooms. My understanding is that was a seasonal thing for the corn industry. Wise to ask about this first and tell them you want to be in a section away from all that--for privacy and silence.

Stayed August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
0.7 km away
39.2 km away
Super 8 Hebron Lowell Area
27.4 km away
Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland

Been to Interstate Motel - Rensselaer? Share your experiences!