“Seems like this is a yearly visit. Good but not great!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yamato Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #30 of 114 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed December 22, 2015

It was almost a year ago for our last visit. Here are the particulars of our visit on December 20, 2015
I had the Hibachi Chicken which was good but not to the point of being great. There was more than enough food which included the soup and salad. Again the salad dressing is one size fits all. It is a kind of honey mustard flavor which isn't bad at all.
One person had the Hibachi salmon which was okay but not nearly the best in the world. I would rate it as average.
The other had the Bento box which was good.
We try different things and maybe the chicken isn't the best thing on the menu but it is good.
The service was very good, we didn't have a wait and the place was less than half full.
The prices are average for the most part.
I would go back again but maybe not wait another year. I recommend it in Richmond.

Reviewed October 27, 2015

Don't let the fact that this restaurant sits in a strip mall next to a Krogers grocery. It looks like nothing from the outside, but you step inside to food to treat your palate. The service is good, but the food is excellent. All the dishes are made fresh while you wait. It is one of the places when you order a chicken dish you can actually tell it is real chicken. I have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Ate here with a group of people. The interior is nice, clean, and borderline romantic. One of the people eating with me had little experience with Japanese food. He ordered the chicken yaki soba and cleaned his plate! I ate one of their special rolls which they customized for me. It was so good that I ordered one to go. When stuck in Richmond, this is a great place to eat!

Reviewed September 2, 2015

The atmosphere here was great! what an unexpected find in Richmond Indiana! The food was fantastic! the wait staff were friendly and insured that our every need were attended to! If you want to enjoy yourself, visit this place!

Reviewed September 2, 2015

This place is amazing! the wait staff was very friendly, the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this to all that desire fine dinning and excellent ambience.