“Sad News”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 22, 2013

During my return trip to Richmond, I stopped at Paulee's for a bite of breakfast only to find out that it was closed. There was safety tape and some fencing arond the tiny building, it was vry saddening to see. I went to a business across the street and was told that the building next to Paulee's was in danger of falling and that they had moved a few blocks to the Firehouse BBQ.

I made the short walk and the breakfast was good and everyone was very nice but it wasn't the same. I hope things can get worked out and Paulee's can get back into that delightful little diner. There are so few of them left. Good ,luck Paulee's.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

You will not find many places like this anymore, too bad. A small place with limited seating but the food is good and fresh made. The staff is nice and the place is clean but be prepared to eat and run if it is busy. Try the homemade meatloaf and made from scratch mash potatos, very good. A trip worth taking. I will go back on my next trip.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We found this little hole in the wall diner during our trip to Richmond last August. It's located in Richmond's Historic Depot District which has been and continues to be brought back to it's heyday with eclectic shops, boutiques, and cozy locally owned restaurants. Back to Paulee's Diner.
Since there are only 10 stools in the diner, their moto is Eat and Get Out! Much fun. Service is quick. Food is good. Fun place to experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Hate to do this to a small business like this, but one would think that anytime, any of the two behinid the counter, would would wash their hands after handling money. I didn't see that happening as they proceeded to cook my breakfast after making change. Call me squeamish but I don't want to get sick over mishandled food.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

terrific little place, a must visit! Smaal place but big on taste. Located in the heart of the depot distric.

1  Thank Gkhayes