All reviews room was clean west virginia bob evans breakfast host two story room door indoor pool will stay there again waffles hot breakfast overnight stop flat screen fast food check in was easy checking out up to date off the highway
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last night. The room was very clean and quiet! Check-in was quick and efficient. The bed was really comfortable we had a normal king room which was nice and roomy. I guess the the only knock on our room is no fridge or nuker. Which we knew before we took the room. It's just something We'd rather pay a bit extra for. But We'd definitely stay here again. The girl on the front desk was very nice and accomadating.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lyall
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for the kind words. I'm so pleased you had such a nice stay. I am sorry we could not provide you a microwave/refrigerator but those do come in our King suites so next time you stay with us perhaps you can reserve one of those.
We do look forward to future visits have a great day!!

Reviewed May 20, 2018

A restful night was not had. We found our bed and bathroom areas filthy to start. Then, we found the center support of our bed literally broken which made the cheap mattress sag at least a foot in the center. Rolling to the center was unstoppable. Tried the sleeper sofa and the mattress was so thin that all you felt was bars jamming in your back. Went to the night clerk and all she said was I am sorry and will report the problem. My wife ended up sleeping in the center bed and I pulled the mattress off the sofa too sleep on the floor. The day clerk responded the same was as the night. No compensation offered!

Room tip: Find a different place to stay. Cheap mattresses, filthy rooms, poor service...
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mden2n

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, please allow me to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I'm truly sorry you had issues with the bed, however, I'm not sure which room you were in as we have not received any other complaints regarding this. I would like to hear back from you so I know which bed to have our maintenance look at. You can reach the hotel at 765-935-4766 and just let whomever answers know what room you stayed in or at least your name so we can have this issue taken care of. Thank you once again for your feedback and please consider giving us a second chance at providing you with a better experience on future visits in the area.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

I guess when you know people are on the road and won't come back you can do this. The front desk staff called me "sweetie" and "dear" multiple times. She was obviously bored with her job. There was no refrigerator in the room. The breakfast served cold coffee. They were out of yogurt and orange juice one hour into the breakfast hour and the staff said that the truck wasn't in and he couldn't help it. But the room was clean - kudos to the cleaning staff.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori N

Dear Lori
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, please allow me to apologize for not meeting your expectations. It sounds like we weren't on the ball during your stay and did not give you the outstanding customer service we are usually known for. I do hope that you will consider giving us a second chance at providing you with a better experience when you are in the area again.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

I booked this reservation a month or more in advance since it was the closest to the Reid Hospital where my mom would be having 2 procedures. The rates were the cheapest and later I figured out why.

Pros
My bed was clean and comfy to sleep on. Breakfast was served before 6am and was always the same. Hot eggs and sausage and some times bacon and of course all the other carb options. Lots of outlets for plugging in your computer and phone by the bedside. Microwave was clean. Fridge is a little bigger than the super small ones in a hotel no freezer but wasn't expecting it anyway).

Cons
- The TV is a little bigger than a good size computer monitor and does not move on the wall.
- The roll away bed, I told them they needed to throw it away since it felt like it was a bed of springs where someone just thru a sheet over it. There was a pullout couch. I don't know why that wasn't used instead of adding a roll away bed. My guess is, that it could not be rolled out.
- Security is questionable. I left my key in the hospital, the girl at the desk politely made me another key by just asking me what room I was in. No ID before, or after.
- - There were several men smoking weed about 10 yards from the back door. The front desk is oblivious to what goes on around there it appears. The scent was very strong as you left the building.

The first night (4/30), I didn't get to my room til almost 4am. My mom checking in earlier though and was in the queen bed instead. I slept on that awful roll away. She had surgery at 6am that same day so we quickly ran out the door but did notice that breakfast was already served. So I had an initial impression that was okay.

However, the 2nd morning (5/2) i used the iron, which leaked all over the place. The light in the corner of the room wouldn't turn on. I couldn't figure out how to. That evening, around the coffee area, where I had made coffee earlier and had wrappers from using the cups, coffee and condiments was in the same place. Also, the iron I left on that morning was left on all day (the one I have at home, turns off automatically, but apparently, not theirs, and the housekeeper isn't aware of this either aparently.

When I told the gal at the desk that I couldn't figure out how to turn on the light, she walked to my room where I showed where housekeeping completely skipped that area and the iron (that was still on) was leaking awful and I needed a replacement. She wasn't phased at all that the iron was on. She said the housekeeper was new and that maybe the light bulb was out. However, she did apologize and pick up the trash around the coffee area. She said she would tell engineering about the lightbulb and the iron so they could bring me a new iron.

Of course, the next morning (3rd morning, 5/3), I have no iron, or new lightbulb. As I was taking a shower that morning I realized that the shower head is leaking from the sides. And when I tried to turn it, thinking it was some kind of setting, it only got worse. So I just left it. I needed to get back to my mom who was having a 2nd surgery that day so I didn't bother reporting it.

That evening they did clean my room and I had a new iron setting on the iron board (unplugged - BONUS). But the light was still out. Apparently, it was the outlet because I checked it with the new iron and sure enough it was one of the outlets (where the iron wasn't plugged in), and so that is apparently acceptable for this staff.

The next morning (5/4), I was about to use the iron, but given my experience already with the staff, I decided to put water in and make sure it wasn't going to leak. Well, it didn't leak, but instead when you use the steamer I had brown stuff came out of the iron. THANK GOOODNESS I didn't trust it to work. My clothes of course would have been ruined.

When I checked out (5/5). I went to get in the shower again, but when I turned the shower on, as I'm on the outside of the curtain waiting for the water to warm up, it spayed right in my face and ALLLLLL over the bathroom including :the countertop, floors and ceiling (where the water was ricocheting off of) were doused with water. I was livid. I tried to adjust the shower head to possible make it better and it came off in my hands. I was livid!

I marched to the office. I told the staff at the front. One gentlemen came to my room and tried to fix it. He could not. He offered to move me to another room. I said only if its on this floor (I was checking out that morning). I was in a hurry. He looked and came back and said he had none. He offered to help me move upstairs. But I was already stewing at that time. And they called and said they were moving my mom to the rehab unit soon. So I didn't have time to deal with that. The first girl who complained about the housekeepers first day, came back and said SHE was in-fact my housekeeper and she tried to fix it. I just opened door. While she told me, "You know sometimes Men....". I didn't care about anything else she had to say. She claimed she fixed it and I opened the door so she could leave, saying nothing.

When I went back to the front desk to report the problems I was already having that morning on top of the other problems and to ask for a discount, she informed me that I already had a discounted rate. I said, "what does that have to do with anything"? Apparently, discounted rate means, discounted service. She said she'd call her manager, and see if she could give me a 10% discount. I went in the dining area to eat. By the time I finished they still didn't have answer. So I gave the girl my # and asked them to call me once they talk to the manager. No one called. No discount.

Just beware.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Michele
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations on your recent stay with us. You had a few issues that have been addressed and resolved. We do appreciate your business and hope that on future visits in the area you give us a second chance at providing you a better experience.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night at this location and overall satisfied. Check in was easy, Page was very helpful and friendly. My room was clean and tidy and larger than I expected. The bathroom equally as clean. Some of the furnishings were slightly dated. The phone and alarm clock and lamps looked to be 80’s-90’s models. There was a nice flatscreen TV and nicer furniture though. Carpet appeared clean also. For less than a Benjamin, it wasn’t a bad stay at all for an overnight stop.

The interstate is right next door, but there’s not an issue with noise (at least in my room there wasn’t). There are restaurants and a Meijer market within walking distance. Plus one for conveinence!

I didn’t use the pool or indoor gym, so I can’t comment there.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Julie W, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thank you so much for the informative review. I'm so happy you had such a pleasant stay and found us to be a good value. I truly hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are in the area.
Kind Regards,