“Everything you need, just older...”

Rising Star Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rising Sun
Columbus, Ohio
“Everything you need, just older...”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Peeked in a remodled room, super nice! Sad thing is, you go to your room and they are a little worn and out dated. Appreciate the comp so late in the evening from Missy the host, front desk girls seem a little tired. Pool looked clean, the view of the river is nice. Would def, stay in an upgraded new room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kimvogel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I love this Casino but will never again stay in a room there. The rooms are old, and even on a Thursday check-in we had to wait until almost 7 PM before they had a room ready for us. The window was so dirty we couldn't see the river from it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank veggieblonde
lancaster,ohio
Reviewed 27 February 2012

For years now, for my birthday, my husband would take me to your Riverboat. We would use the free night stay coupons for sundays night that you would send us. Now, on Sundays the rooms are not free. Sunday is the only night that we can stay do to work. I have always loved this time together with my husband on my birthday. I guess this birthday i can spend our money on some thing else.I am so unhappy!!!!!
D. Wohrer
Lancaster,Ohio

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I enjoyed my stay here, decent clean rooms, nice pool/hot tub area and friendly staff. We ate the buffet which is isnt the best but ok, not worth almost $20/pp though :/

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amberlee W
st. louisville, oh
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Spent two nights after Christmas at what is now called the Rising Star Casino ( was called Grand Victoria). This is one of my favorites casinos and hotels. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very polite and friendly. The indoor pool and workout area is great. The town has some nice antique shops and resturants also if you want to venture out of the hotel. The casino is small and noticed many new machines have been added. Saw many people winning and didn't do too bad myself. I would definately stay here and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kim c
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Hotel was clean and we slept well, its a nice place to get away to for a weekend and do some casino slot time or 3 card poker1
A very nice Buffet ands let me tell you those slots are NOT tight, we love the slots here have won some good money :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sonyacm
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Now Rising Star.This is still my favorite casino in Indiana.My last visit my room was comped so I'm not complaining about anything except as a smoker of course I book a smoking room and the room reeked of cigarettes more than I think it should but otherwise clean and friendly staff.I enjoy just getting away for the night and this is perfect.I'm fond of the casino it's my favorite that I've been to so far in IN.Great rates during weekdays and winter months.The buffett is better than other unmentioned casino buffetts.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
17.8 km away
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
18.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg

Been to Rising Star Casino Resort? Share your experiences!