“Good stay/Bad service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Chicago, Illinois
“Good stay/Bad service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

I had a great stay at this Super 8. One of the cleanlist I've ever been in. I love how the room is always ready for me when I come. The only problem I have is the new front desk clerk. She's never friendly. She always acts like she's better than me or if I am staying with a colleague. I've never had a problem with any of the people that have ran the front desk. They have always been very kind to me, very sociable, and very respectable. Until this new girl came around. I don't know her name, I just know she has blonde hair. If I ask her for anything she's always actling like it's a big deal or I can never find her because she's back in the office. If they didn't have this girl I believe this Super 8 would be one of the best ones there is. Until then, I think they will be losing some customers. I for one am on the verge for spending the extra money to stay some where else. I feel as if I am a bother to this young lady.

Room Tip: not about the rooms its about the customer service
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

First of all, I've been staying at the Super 8 in Rochester for 5 years and I continue receive a tabletop mini ironing board. Okay, a mini board costs $26.99 on Amazon; a full-size costs $17.78. It's time to update the ironing board! Secondly, I walked into my room and it was completely unsatisfactory. I didn't realize how much until I was transferred into another room.

When I entered the first room it was unkempt - can you at least vacuum the floor. I had a dinner date, so I entered the room and left in a hurry. After the evening, I returned for a nice shower. Unfortunately, I was greeted by a dirty, sticky floor. I can over look this, "no big deal" then I entered the shower. There was a hair in the shower, "no big deal" I've worked in the restaurant industry and this stuff happens. Next, hello shower and hello, cold water! I have no hot water in my shower! I called the desk and they promise me hot water tomorrow. After the shower I settled into bed and enjoyed beating on the wall all night long because I could hear the gentlemen next door sawing logs all night. Next morning, next cold shower, next room change.

Next room has been great, but it makes me realize how crappy the last room was. What happen to some sort of consistency, why can a room slip that far beyond the cracks, and why me!?

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kirs-n-Sean

Travellers are raving about these Rochester hotels

Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

This is our second stay at the Super 8 (we have friends in the area). Nothing too much has changed from our last visit. On the good side, the complimentary breakfast was all we wanted or needed – juice, coffee, cereal, toast, sweet rolls. The staff was very nice and helpful, giving great instructions on how to find good places to eat and how to find the nursing home we needed to visit. My husband noticed a leak in the faucet of the whirlpool tub and mentioned it to staff. When we got back to our room, we discovered that it was a larger leak than it looked. They moved us to another room and deducted one night’s stay from our bill. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

On the con side, the hallways need redone and some of the carpeting should be replaced.

• Liked — Helpfulness of the staff
  • Disliked — Hallways need redone
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2006

Stayed here for one night (12/16) because I was in town with my mother for a show. The hotel was OK. The carpeting in the room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for quite awhile, the tub really didn't drain as you were taking a shower and the tub faucet dripped, dripped, dripped all night. (When I turned the water on to take a shower it came out yellow for a second or two, too)

Other than that we didn't experience any other problems. The hotel was very quiet as I think there were only 2 or 3 families staying there.

Next time we're in the area we may stay at the Marriott next door, depending on the price.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
0.1 km away
35.7 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 6 in Plymouth

Been to Super 8 Rochester? Share your experiences!