“Helpful Staff & Good Food”
Review of Christie's

Christie's
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2017

We eat at Christie's whenever we are in Salem if they are open. Our latest visit was on a Thursday evening. I looked up their dinner menu online that afternoon, chose what I thought would be a gluten-free entree & sides, and then called the restaurant to verify the ingredients. They were glad to help me, so when we arrived for dinner I could order my meal with confidence. The food was fabulous, as always. Love the cheesy grits, and the honey mustard glazed pork tenderloin was delicious.

1  Thank WebWolfsDen

Reviewed February 15, 2017

If you are looking for a "small town" experience this is where you want to go! The first time I ate here was during a more formal special event (reservations required) with live music. Our whole office went and the entire experience was wonderful. Since then I have been back for lunch two or three times. The atmosphere is just right -- not too formal or casual. There are a lot of business people who have lunch here as well as local regulars. It is fun to watch the interactions between the people who are coming and going. It is also located on the beautiful Salem town square which is very charming. Small business, local experiences like this are hard to find these days.

As for the food and service, the quality of it depends on what you order! Ask your server what they recommend and they'll definitely give you good advice! Go for the more "home cooking" type fare instead of the stuff you could typically get anywhere. Some things about the menu might seem odd (like the side of frozen strawberry salad) but I assure you those are traditional Midwest/Indiana-type dishes like that my grandmother would have served -- so just roll with it and enjoy the local experience! I've never had a problem with the service there except once when my drink didn't get refilled, and I'm sure if I would have complained the manager would have cared about the feedback. The desserts look amazing -- especially the pies -- but I'm usually satisfied with my frozen strawberry salad.

1  Thank jenmaestravels
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by right at noon for a quick solo lunch. Took a few minutes to be seated but it was understandable for the busy time of day and only 1 server. I had the special which was beef tips stroganoff. Served quickly and was tasty and enough of a portion to satisfy. It wasn't huge, but adequate. The cost was 10.00 total for meal, drink and tip. Staff was friendly. Biggest drawback is parking on a busy town square. Hard to back out, but other than that, it was good and I would visit again. A few shops on the square too, and a cute town.

Reviewed January 8, 2017

This is a lovely little diner. It's a great place for a girls day out--cozy, great food, quaint atmosphere. Also a fantastic couples night out--especially on weekends when they have live entertainment.

1  Thank B B
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Ate there for the first and last time with my wife. The service was so bad I tipped a different waitress for helping us with our dinner. Our waitress thought that in itself was amusing. The food was no better than the service.

Toni B, Manager at Christie's, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

I'm really disappointed to hear your experience was so bad, from the service to the food. I would like to talk to you more about it. Will you please call me at Christie's? My name is Toni.

Been to Christie's? Share your experiences!