We had a nice stay at Lake Rudolph this past July while visiting Holiday World. We rented a king-sized RV for our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids), and my brother & sister in law. We had also planned on taking another child with us, but those plans were cancelled. The room & half bath in the King bed my brother & his wife had was very spacious. The room the rest of us shared had a Queen-size bed with a single bunk built right above where one would normally rest your head, and then triple bunks on the wall at the foot of the bed. With just the 4 of us, it was pretty cramped -- I can't imagine how it would have been if we had actually brought another child with us to sleep in the room.
One of the triple bunks is practically on the floor -- not an ideal sleeping space. The uppermost bunk was ok -- just a little head room -- but there's no ladder to get on it. You have to climb on the Queen bed just to get on & off of it. Same thing with the bunk above the "head" of the Queen bed -- the person would have to get on & off by stepping on the Queen bed.
The sofa in the living room was a pull-out, which was a surprise since it's not noted on the website that there is a pull-out. Once I saw the "mattress" on the pull-out, I could understand why Lake Rudolph wouldn't want to promote having a pull-out. It was nothing more than a foam mattress and a very thin one at that. I think Lake Rudolph would benefit by installing higher quality mattresses in the pull-outs, and instead of having a triple bunk in the King Size RV, just have a double set with some sort of ladder to get to the top bunk.
The grounds were very clean, the store had more that I imagined it would (although be prepared as they have a ton of toys & junk for kids). The mini-golf course looked a little rough -- could use a facelift. But it's free, so it's hard to complain about it.
We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked wonderful.
Registration was quick & easy -- the staff was really on the ball & processed everyone quickly.
The free wi-fi was nice, but would only work while in the general living area of the RV.
In general, it was a good stay... a great place to go w/ a group of people.
We did rent a golf cart for roaming around in, but it's certainly not necessary. The shuttle taking your directly to the front door of Holiday World has multiple stops throughout the RV park, so you can simply use the shuttle to get to Holiday World or around the TV park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the great outdoors by staying at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort in Santa Claus, Indiana. Voted one of the top ten favorite parks in North America and a two-time National RV Park of the Year, Lake Rudolph is the closest lodging and camping to Holiday World Theme Park & Splashin' Safari Water Park. Multiple family lodging options include over 270 Vacation Rentals (Cabins, Cottages & Rental RVs), and nearly 230 full hookup RV Sites and Tent Sites, including over 100 paved sites. Family fun amenities including Santa's SplashDown WaterPark, the giant Blitzen Bay swimming pool, playgrounds, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, fishing, paddleboats, kayaks, gem mining, mini golf, game room, camp store, Blitzen Kitchen Ice Cream & Pizza, family activities, and much more. Lake Rudolph is the perfect solution for your getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Rudolph Campground & Rv Hotel Santa Claus
- Lake Rudolph Campground And Rv Resort