“Too noisy.”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Holland, Michigan
“Too noisy.”
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Other reviews were fairly positive, so we thought we'd stay. The room was clean and check in was quick. Unfortunately, the rooms are not soundproof. If you have a ground level room, you will hear the foot steps of those above you. Also loud conversations outside can be heard in the room...and with a few drunk wedding party guests staying at the motel, we had ample opportunity to test out the noise. The place is set back from the main road, so keep you eyes peeled for the small directional sign pointing you in...but better yet, avoid the place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler49423
BestWesternInn, Manager at Best Western Crossroads Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests – the type of service in which we pride ourselves. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled on a preventive basis. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.
Sincerely, Jay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
CHICAGO
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this Best Western was. It had recently been remodeled and updated. The decor was very modern. But more importantly, the rooms were very clean and it was very quiet. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, there were so many channels on the tv, the bathroom was very nice, and they had a complimentary breakfast. The only negative thing I have to say is that there is no elevator. That wouldn't have been a problem except that I was traveling with someone who had trouble walking up stairs. But other than that, I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, especially with the reasonable price we paid.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 5 July 2010

FYI, This hotel is very difficult to find if you don't know where you are going. It has a very small sign and is behind the Long John Silver's.

This is an older hotel. I did not like the fact that the hotel was not smoke free, but our room was fine and I only smelled a faint smell in the hallway. I did not smell smoke in the area where breakfast was served. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and do not like being around it, but I thought it was tolerable. Our room was clean and the air conditioner worked great. I thought the room was very clean, everything was in working order, the shower had good pressure. Our bed was very comfy. I always check for any sign of bed bugs and the mattress we slept on was in very good shape.

I thought the breakfast was very good. It was very clean and there were lots of things to choose from. There was also adequate seating all three days we were there. The food looked very fresh, including the fruit.

The pool had pros and cons. The liner in the pool was not very good and all wrinkled along the bottom so that was not good. Also the water was only four feet deep but also about six inches below the fill line so it was very shallow for trying to swim, BUT this is one of the few pools I have been in for a long time that truly was heated. We swam two nights in a row about 10 o'clock at night and the water was fantastic. We spent over an hour each night in the pool. There were clean towels to boot. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
west chicago
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed for business one night in a non smoking room. the halls smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke and my room also had a faint smell. the next morning all of the smokers woke up and must have instantly lit a cigarette because then cigarette smoke was literally wafting into my room. GROSS! when I walked down to get breakfast (which was fine) there was even 2 smokers in their room smoking with the door swung wide open. Too bad Indiana doesn't have the no smoking rule that Illinois does. it would have made my stay MUCH more pleasant. Oh, the do have an outdoor heated pool that looked pretty good but I did not have time to use it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
bwcrossroadsinn, Webmaster at Best Western Crossroads Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found our breakfast to be fine. I wish you had had time to enjoy our outdoor heated pool.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Maintenance was approached about finding a way to stop the cigarette smoke from entering the non-smoking rooms.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Crossroads Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 June 2010

FIRST of all, they could not find the name of the block they had specifically set aside, so i had to call 3 times to get them to find it. SECONDLY they made my reservations, took my credit card and when i called before we arrived they said they had no record or my reservation BUT they did have my credit card registered to another person. So i did not have a room, but they would have charged my credit card if the other people had not shown up. THIRD, they only booked us for 1 night as opposed to the 2 i had specified and said we had to be out n an hour. SO my wife had to pack up and i had to get ready for a wedding i was in...and was almost late to thanks to THEIR mess up. Then they said they would put us up in another room for free and let us know when the keys were ready. I had left to get ready for the wedding and my wife was packing everything to be out of the room. Then they called her and said there was a cancellation and that we did not have to move. SO she had already packed her stuff, my stuf and another friends and then they said we did not have to move AND almost made us late for a wedding. I WILL NEVER use this hotel again, and never Best Western again if i can avoid it. The rooms were nice, but that does not make up for the customer service.

• Stayed June 2010
BestWesternInn, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Crossroads Inn, responded to this review, 29 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our establishment. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. This will assist us when evaluating our guest’s needs and expectations. I hope you will come back and give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.
Jay
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Made reservations for 14 in 4 non-smoking rooms. The rooms were all adjacent, very clean and new - looking. The cribs were in the rooms requested. The continental breakfast was very nice.The staff was courteous and the price very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I stayed two nights at this location, and had a decent stay. It is right off HW41 near HW 30, hence the name "Crossroads". Everything you need (shopping, restaurants) is within walking distance or a very short drive. There is a Wal-Mart and Target a short drive away.

Some positives for this hotel are:
- rooms were nicely done, comfortable beds, fridge and microwave, nice color scheme
- internet worked flawlessly and required no special setup
- included breakfast was typical Best Western, plus it did offer some hot food (like sausage patty's and eggs)
- tons of on-site parking, no issues with parking
- nice outdoor pool in a private setting
- walking distance to many restaurants
- great staff
- the area seems safe

A few negatives:
- there is a strong smoke smell in the hallways like others have mentioned. I had a non-smoking room, and it had only a very slight smoke smell, but it is very obvious in the hallways
- the screen for the window in my room was all cut up (damaged), so you wouldn't want to open the window for outside air (it was warm so I had on the AC anyway so no big deal, but it looked real bad
- the view out the window was weeds, rocks, and what looked like a privacy wall. Nothing to look at so the shades stayed shut.
- the weight machine in the fitness center was damaged and pretty much inoperable. I did use the treadmill during my stay and that worked fine.

In conclusion, this is a decent hotel. I'd stay here again if I came back through Schererville someday.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank FamilyVacationsMN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
0.3 km away
12.6 km away
Best Western Inn & Suites Of Merrillville
7.8 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster

Been to Best Western Crossroads Inn? Share your experiences!