“Little Nawlins in ND!!”
Review of Yats

Yats
Ranked #57 of 328 Restaurants in South Bend
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten around town many different places and kept saying that I should try this place. Well today was the day- I gave it a try and really glad I did. Just walking in the place has a cool/unique feel to it and the register guy was very upbeat and helpful. Ordered the chili cheese etoufee with crawfish and extra bread. It was really good with great flavor- just wish I had more of it!! Definitely give this place a try for something different.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Good creole food. Be prepared to break out a sweat! Chicken is spicy. Place has a good vibe. Customer service could be improved. A meal goes for $7.75

Reviewed July 20, 2017

Yats is a NOLA themed restaurant with spicy Creole inspired sauces served over the rice. My absolute favorite is Crawfish Maque Choux - think gourmet creamed corn plus crawfish. I also love the Chil Cheese Etouffee with either chicken or crawfish. I also love the B and B, one of the vegetarian options. This location takes credit cards.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Food is pretty good, quite spicy.

But service couldn't have been more strange. It's a beautiful Saturday evening and sidewalk tables and chairs are stacked, not set up for customers. No customers indoors either. No welcome, but instead seemed we were disturbing the employee's peace. Explanation of menu options was almost unintelligible. We stayed, but next four parties who entered left without eating.

We've been to Yats in Indianapolis, which was good and friendly and fun.

This is not!

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

Very tasty Vegan white bean chili. Comes with bread with a spicy spread. I could have eaten another one, but then I like eating more than I should.