“Different kind of pizza”
Review of Bruno’s Pizza

Bruno’s Pizza
Ranked #130 of 349 Restaurants in South Bend
Reviewed June 28, 2018

This is not your typical Pizza Hut style pizza! It was very different-but in a good way. Lots of sauce and LOTS of cheese! The crust was a little tough, burnt in places, but tasty. I think it was hand tossed crust, as it had an irregular shape. The restaurant itself is pretty shabby, and could use a good cleaning, but the whole neighborhood is like that. We were staying at the hotel across the street, and this was convenient. There was only one man working there, and he was kind and welcoming. I am glad we gave it a try.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

So this may not be everyone's kind of pizza.
I had a regular 14" pizza with three toppings which was $25. Kinda pricey for a pizza.
The sauce is in fact plentiful but tasty. Is it too much? For some I would say yes. There is a fair amount of sauce.
Is there a lot of cheese? Oh hell yeah. I like a lot of cheese. Not everyone does.
The toppings were good and the crust I had was thick and maybe a bit burned in some areas. But I like a bit of burnt crust.
The only downfall to this pizza is it is edge less. I like a pinched edge crust and this is, well, not.
Oh and I had mine to go. I would not eat there. It is a bit shabby. Rolls of paper towel on the table in lieu of napkins is not cool.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

I asked for thin crust, light sauce, and toppings?

Got the pizza and it was so soggy. 10 # of cheese, heavy sauce..

It was a waste of $...

Skip it.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

I remembered this place being great as a kid who grew up in South Bend. The lady was a little rude. She recommended a great hole in the wall German Restaurant next door to have a beer. We ended up staying at this place and they had awesome authentic German beers/food.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for pizza before a local concert. The whole place seemed shady, to say the least. Very out of date and cluttered inside. A few rickety tables with torn chairs. Old wine bottles decorated the perimeter, and angel statues...let me just tell you about the angel statues! They had googly eyes! All of them! My friends and I had a good laugh throughout our meal as we discovered more and more of them. Trust me, we seriously considered turning around and leaving MANY times while we waited!

But, let me tell you, I'm actually glad we didn't. The pizza was actually pretty darn delicious. Lots of sauce and cheese, thicker crust, nice and crisp. Great taste. It did take about 30 minutes to get our pizza, but I would say it was worth the wait. We also ordered the cheesy bread, which had a nice flavor, but for $5 consisted of 2 very small French bread pieces. Still good, nonetheless.

I would probably eat from here again. Carry out next time though.

5 stars for the food, 1 star for the restaurant itself.