“Yellow cat is a happy cat”
Review of Yellow Cat Cafe

Yellow Cat Cafe
Ranked #79 of 349 Restaurants in South Bend
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

This cafe is a little bit of everybody knows your name like cheers.A lot of locals come here for the year it’s been open(meaning a lot of regulars)They have all you can eat fish on Fridays , have a neat little diner counter and room in the back and a tough parking lot , but don’t let that stop you. The food tastes great, the prices are on point and the servers are very nice. We both ordered omelettes which weren’t massive but had great taste, everything tasted great and was fresh including the pies of the day. I had a normal breakfast spot but this is our new fav. I will post a bunch of pics

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Fantastic service, Fantastic food! We had 7 in our group and each one of us really enjoyed our breakfast. Great coffee!

Reviewed November 6, 2017

I took my daughter to this diner on a Sunday morning after a Notre Dame home football game. I called ahead and I was glad I did; it was very busy. We got a table right away. Unfortunately it took an inordinate amount of time to place our orders and then another lengthy wait to get our food. I do not think our waitress was very efficient.

Having said that, the food was delicious and the people were very friendly. I'd venture to go here again. Maybe the wait will be shorter as they get more experience and/or staff.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We went for an early lunch today and were not disappointed. We did not have to wait for a table. The wait staff was very attentive and checked in often on how we were doing. Coffee was brought almost immediately once we sat down. There are plenty of breakfast items but we opted for sandwiches and sides. Servings were ample. My son was a little disappointed with the French Fries. The onion rings were terrific. Prices are excellent and definitely can fit the budget of someone on a fixed or student income. The decor is fun, old style, and basic but attractive and clean. Definitely worth coming back for brunch!

Reviewed October 5, 2017

There is no host to take your name. You just wait in line. And, on a Sunday morning after a Notre Dame game day, there is a line. But the food is great and really inexpensive. The servings are enormous. And the staff, though busy, are friendly.
(If the menu gives you an option for a half size order, take it!)