“Rest week visit”

Baker's Bar and Grille
Ranked #100 of 333 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Description: Relax and unwind in Baker’s Bar and Grille. Located in our beautiful nine-story atrium. Baker’s is the perfect place to meet friends or colleagues. With our classic Americana menu, great drink specials, and nightly dinner specials we have everything to please your palette. Baker’s Bar and Grill is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Come experience the atmosphere with its Studebaker themed décor. Watch the latest sports or news on one of our 60 inch televisions.
Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here to try the 44 dollar special during restaurant week. My wife ordered the friend pickles which were great. I ordered the loaded tater tots which was excellent as well. She ordered a salad which she said was good and I ordered the chili which had excellent taste. For dinner we ordered the Philly cheesesteak and I ordered the burger . The cheesesteak was good and the burger was great but the potatoes were extremely cold . The bill was wrong and they started blaming me for the misconception on the menu. Other than that it was a good experience . I will post photos

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Sometimes things just don’t go right. I ordered a barbecue sandwich with coleslaw on the side. I got a tasteless barbecue sandwich with onion-loaded coleslaw and a lot of cheese piled on. I Do not know about you, but that is not anything like I have had when ordering a barbecue sandwich anywhere. The only flavor between the buns was the onion, and I didn’t want even that. After the first bite I scrapped off all the onion and tried again. It didn’t get better. God bless the waitress who was doing her best to smile through it all. She was the only good thing happening here. After two glasses of wine the onion taste was still there so I ordered fries, even though I was done, hoping to drown out the onion. They tasted like fries that had been deep fried with onion rings. At least I got a new ketchup. Oh darn, they haven’t even unseals it for me. Off with the cap, rip off the plastic seal, twist the cap back on, hat is this? Self service? And Please, if you are going to put onions in something, tell me on the menu so I can avoid it. My bad, the menu says cheese! Ok, one thing my fault. Now the last two times I was here on work, this restaurant was terrific. Now? Not so much. she said they were “in transition” whatever that means. I’m heading to the hotel where I’ll pick up a candy bar to get rid of what taste is left. She brought me the check. Even her ink pen is out of ink. I paid. I’m outta here.

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

We were the first ones at the restaurant for lunch and we came because they had a beer we wanted to try on tap- Bourbon County from goose island. There were no wait staff available but the chef seated us & made recommendations from the menu. The fried chicken was delicious as were all the sides and the service was above and beyond.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

I always love a really good Cobb salad, and this restaurant delivered. Lettuce was fresh, plenty of blue cheese and bacon, some fresh avocado, and grilled chicken. I had one of their vinaigrette on the side that was very good. I sat at the bar and was working, service was ok. Mainly because I think the bartender knew several of the other patrons, so it took a long time for me to be able to put my order in. But he was friendly and the food was so only knocked it down to four stars. Perfect for if you're staying at the hotel, makes it nice and easy

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Not bad. Staff is friendly. Food is above average, but so ate the prices. If it was any higher priced, I'd eat somewhere else.