“best pizza in south bend”
Review of Volcano Restaurant

Volcano Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 349 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Service and food have always been top notch.My only complaint is use of a pre cooked italian sausage on the pizza.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful family owned Italian restaurant near the airport. It was near our hotel so we thought we'd give it a try. The server was very friendly and helpful. The special for the night was the Chicken Parmigiana. It was large enough for two so we shared it. The chef cooked it in separate dishes so it was prepared to share. The portion size for each of us was large with a chicken breast in each dish and a generous portion of penne pasta. It was covered in a delicious marinara sauce and plenty of parmigiana. The accompanying salad was served with italian bread and the meal came with toasted garlic bread. This is definitely a place to try.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Arrived in South Bend later than anticipated. Checked into our hotel quickly and found this restaurant which was located only 2 minutes away. Despite restaurant closing in 15 minutes, we were welcomed and treated nicely. Food was delicious, sauce authentic Italian and great salads and garlic bread. Great find in a small quiet town. Try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

We were near the South Bend airport to catch a plane in the morning. This restaurant was within walking distance and was worth every step. The service could not have been better. We shared the Cannelloni (because it was a huge portion) and it was very good.
The exterior of the restaurant appears old and belies the experience within! The entire place was extremely clean and bright.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

We were staying near the South Bend airport and wanted to dine somewhere close to the hotel. The Volcano was recommended, so we gave it a try. The restaurant was very busy with lots of locals who seemed to know each other. Our food was good and we enjoyed our dining experience overall. I was surprised that they didn't have vegetables on the menu as a side for the entrees. When I asked, I was offered the broccoli they use in the Pasta Primavera. However, even though I wasn't having the included salad, there was an up charge for the broccoli. I did order the broccoli as I like to have a balanced meal. If you are in the area of the airport and are looking for a decent restaurant, I would recommend you give it a try. If you are open to driving further into downtown, you might want to explore other options.