“Great place for breakfast”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #36 of 324 Restaurants in South Bend
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 1, 2017

If you're into German pancakes, this is the place to go. I don't eat them, but my spouse ordered one. Unless you're a big eater you'll need a carryout container because they are HUGE. I ordered a la carte and had a basic breakfast that was very good. They also offer multiple kinds of pancakes and Belgian waffles. My waffle was crisp and light and very tasty. The Canadian bacon was not what I'm used to . It was more of a mix of different cuts of port. Not so good, but that's just me. They were super busy, but the staff was able to keep up. I would eat there again.

Reviewed February 27, 2017

My father and I brought my son for breakfast on a Sunday morning in January. The comforting food and staff warmed us up with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and plenty of coffee. The portions are large, even for three hungry men.

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Moved 4 hours away so when we're back in south bend we've got to stop.
Nice to see familiar staff.
We've got our favorite choices: strawberry crepes, poached eggs, bacon, buckwheat pancakes. Great coffee.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

have not dined in this popular breakfast/lunch restaurant for many years but did so this morning - same decor as before but still very nice - servers were great, very attentive, friendly - nice selection of food choices - our group got breakfast and generally we were pleased - thought price was a bit high however compared to similar local places - as for my meal pancakes were very good, hash browns were too crunchy (I know some like them that way), sausage patties overcooked - my coffee preference must be different - I'd not order coffee again - but others in our group enjoyed their food - but price a little high and would prefer a mug for coffee instead of a cup - but nice atmosphere and wonderful service and having a round table for a group to sit around is great - open from 6:30am until 2pm daily - want to add this - before we ate there I check its website for its menu and prices - the prices need to be upated - not as low as shown on website

Reviewed December 30, 2016

My friend and I were in south bend and not familiar with the area at all. Drove past and decided to stop. So cut and comfortable inside! Had country fried steak and friend had biscuits and gravy. Both were so good! Great service, so glad we stopped!