“Average, but good pizza”
Review of Bruno's Pizza

Bruno's Pizza
Ranked #51 of 333 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Corner of Jefferson & Michigan. Downtown South Bend
Reviewed November 8, 2017

This Bruno's Pizza is one of about nine in their chain and is located in downtown South Bend at the northwest corner of South Michigan St. and Jackson Blvd. It is a small restaurant and we did get the impression that they do a lot of individual slice pizzas for the walk-ins. We thought the slices of pizza, a thin crust pepperoni pizza and a thick crust sausage slice of pizza were pretty good and everyone liked them. The issue that I have with individual slices of pizza is that they tend to be waiting to be either finished in the oven or re-warmed in the oven, so they are not necessarily as good as they could be. We did think that the pizzas had potential, but we weren't looking for a whole pizza, which would have helped. As far as slices, we thought that they were good, definitely different than Chicago-style deep dish. The staff was friendly, however, and very efficient. The prices were reasonable. There is street parking available.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

The food here is good but the customer service is what earns them a 1 star! My family and order here all the time even though we have one thats closer to us. We go to this specific one because they offer a "beef" sandwich and we are a family who do not eat pork. Well this evening we placed a order for 2 pizza's and 6 12" Italian Beef sandwiches and 4 2 liters totalling over $123. When we ordered the sandwichs we said "Italian Beef" and that on 3 of them we didn't want any green peppers or onions. The guy who took our order never told us that their Italian sandwich had no beef on it it was loaded with pork products and banana peppers lettuce and tomatos (mind you we order saying Italian beef from there all the time and get beef sandwiches). When we get home after fighting to find parking downtown and having to walk a bit of a distance to and from the restaurant, just to discover they were not the sandwiches we had order. I called and asked for the manager who acted like this was completely our fault saying the guy who took our order just heard Italian and that the fact that we said BEEF was nothing. She (Val the manager) said we have a roast beef sandwich do u want us to re-do them(by the way we checked the menu and the menu calls the french dip so even the manager was wrong about the name)? I said yes and my mom and I had to drive all the way back across town and once again search for parking and walk another distance to the restaurant. We enter place the box of sandwiches on the counter as Val doesnt greet us or even acknowledge us. My mom asks her if shes the manager and she says yes. So my mom explains to her that we drive past a brunos to come here for these sandwiches the fact that we had to drive around searching for parking and how we feel like she really isnt apologetic only then did we get a pathetic sorry and "yea the parking sucks". We recived no compensation for our wasted time and gas, no real sorry, nothing. Spending $123 on one meal for our family is fine with us but spend $123 and getting horrible service is unexpectable! I work in the customer service industry and have for 5 years as a supervisor myself this is NOT how you treat the customers. Maybe they should think about better training for their staff!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Bruno's Pizza provides a great pizza. It's an institution. Not cheap, but provided enough food for 3 meals! Have you ever seen the cheese!?

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

What can I say this place has the best pizza in the county. Friend and I stopped by and TRIED to share their 20" pie...yeah right we were stuffed halfway through. The quality and quantity of the toppings was GREAT. the Young guys working we're AWESOME!!! Thanks for a GREAT experience.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

Was staying at the downtown Double Tree Hilton and wanted pizza but didn't want to drive. This is only about a 3 min. walk from the hotel. My wife wanted just a piece of cheese (you can buy cheese, pepperoni, sausage by the slice ). I ordered one of the specialty. They were both horrible! Truely not fit to eat. Ate the side salad which was good and left the pizza. Skip this, there are many other options in downtown.