“decent pizza; lacking customer service.”
Review of Bruno's Pizza

Bruno's Pizza
Ranked #48 of 358 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Corner of Jefferson & Michigan. Downtown South Bend
Reviewed July 3, 2018

We'd just checked in to the Holiday Inn Express across the street and without realizing how close the place was, I called and asked if they delivered. I told her we were staying at the Holiday Inn Express nearby, and could we have a pizza delivered? She said No, they had a service they worked with that delivered their pizza, and gave me their number. I called it. They were closed. I called her back and said I'd pick up the pizza. So I *drove*---*across the street!!!* (GPS made it look like it was 2 blocks away). I paid for a bottle of soda and the pizza and she handed me the box. Um, could I have a bag for the soda? Um, could I have peppers and cheese packets? It wasn't until I got back that I realized she didn't give us cups, napkins or plates. WTH? Also, couldn't she have said *right from the beginning* that my motel was literally 150 yards away when I asked about delivery? Talk about minimum service. She made SURE she pointed out the place on the screen to add a tip. And I left 20% because I *always* do, having been a waitress for 5 years in college. But I'd never patronize them again, should I ever be in South Bend in the future. Customer service makes or breaks a place for me, and here, it's broken.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed February 4, 2018

The pizza is authentically Bruno's. This is the only Bruno's location where the pizza tastes "head and shoulders" above the other locations. It is the ONLY one where we get our pizza. Very quality ingredients and taste. Lots on the menu to choose from. Nice, fun location on Michigan Street in the downtown area of South Bend. Lots to enjoy in this area.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We stopped at Bruno's Pizza for lunch. What we liked was that there were some lunch pizza specials. The pizza slices tasted good, though like all pizzas that are out, they are not nearly as good as their freshly made and eaten pizzas. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly and the restaurant was very well-kept.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2017

This Bruno's Pizza is one of about nine in their chain and is located in downtown South Bend at the northwest corner of South Michigan St. and Jackson Blvd. It is a small restaurant and we did get the impression that they do a lot of individual slice pizzas for the walk-ins. We thought the slices of pizza, a thin crust pepperoni pizza and a thick crust sausage slice of pizza were pretty good and everyone liked them. The issue that I have with individual slices of pizza is that they tend to be waiting to be either finished in the oven or re-warmed in the oven, so they are not necessarily as good as they could be. We did think that the pizzas had potential, but we weren't looking for a whole pizza, which would have helped. As far as slices, we thought that they were good, definitely different than Chicago-style deep dish. The staff was friendly, however, and very efficient. The prices were reasonable. There is street parking available.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Was told had to stop at Bruno's on trip out to ND Football game. With my son (who has severe food allergies to dairy, egg, beef, nuts) & another father/son. I called the original Bruno's and they wanted nothing to do with trying to do red pie (they put Parmesan cheese in red sauce) also called Mishawaka location who said they couldn't accommodate. The downtown location (with 30 min advanced notice) was able to put some red sauce aside prior to parm added & my son loved it! They also made dough bites without adding the typically parm that he didn't stop talking about. Took extras of each to tailgate next day & he enjoyed some more. The other three all enjoyed the pizza, didn't try the stuffed but it looked unique & awesome.

Date of visit: September 2017