“Good Restaurant While Traveling”
Review of Mandarin House

Mandarin House
Ranked #52 of 328 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2017

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor while traveling.
We ended up there not long before they closed. We were treated graciously and not hurried along. We practically had a private dining room so late in the evening.
Our food was excellent.
After 4 days in Nashville, free parking was appreciated.
Google Maps made this easy to find.
Include Mandarin House in your list of good South Bend restaurants.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Have eaten here for years. Only Chinese food my husband will eat. Good service. Very busy at lunch time. Easy and fast take out.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I have passed by this restaurant for years, and always wanted to go there, but just didn’t have the time, or went somewhere else instead.
Don’t I kind of regret that. My daughter and I ate there for the first time yesterday, and all we can say is wow.
Tasty, large portions, served traditionally. And enough left over for us to have another meal. I ordered the shrimp egg foo young, and my daughter had the honey chicken. Big bowls of rice, and I ordered the fried rice with mine, with no UP charge like other restaurants. The honey chicken was cooked to perfection. The egg foo young patties were massive, and not watery or gooey like some can be, and not stuffed with so many bean sprouts and onions you couldn't see or taste the shrimp.
To get four full meals from two orders, and we were starving, is a win win for me. Great service, not to crowded, reasonably priced considering the portions. We will go back.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

Really good food the restaurant has been here for ages - always consistently good food. Never a problem.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

I took my wife to this restaurant 23 years ago for our first date the food was wonderful back then and it has only gotten better I think anyways and the staff was very nice