“Wonderful!!!”

The Indiana Whiskey Company
Ranked #13 of 45 things to do in South Bend
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Indiana Whiskey Company is a veteran owned small-batch distillery located in South Bend, Indiana. Each drop of whiskey is brewed and distilled on site using locally fabricated fermentation equipment and a traditional alembic-style copper pot still. We welcome you to tour the production floor and experience the process from the brewing the grain to distilling the spirit to barreling and bottling the whiskey. Enjoy a pour of whiskey at the bar of our tasting room or sip a signature cocktail while relaxing in the Whiskituity lounge.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much but I hadn't heard anything about it other than TripAdvisor. Just a small place but they have a large variety and lots of cocktails to try. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Pretty trendy and hip place. Glad we went!

All reviews
"tours"
"bend"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed February 21, 2018

The guide is very passionate about his product. We have been on a lot of tours, a lot of small distillery and large distillery tours. This was okay. The product is good. The samples were nice. The prices were fair. Glad we went, but we don't have to return,

Reviewed February 19, 2018

It was interesting that almost every ingredient they use is local. My guide was nice and knowledgeable, but he was also a bit rambly and all over the place. I think I wouldn't be able to actually understand what he is saying if I hadn't been on tours at other distilleries. The website shows 1.5 hr for the tour but it was actually only 0.5 hr. I was interested in going because people talked about bottling and sealing bottles but I didn't get that experience. I am guessing you would have to purchase a bottle to get the experience. Overall a not bad experience for a very small local distillery.

1  Thank jchen126
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Scheduled a noon tour and really enjoyed it! Didn't catch our guide's name but he was very knowledgeable and friendly. He mixed us up an old fashioned and it was delicious! Will definitely go back soon for cocktails!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

We were headed to Niles MI and had to stop and see what this place was. Was given a tour of how the whiskey was made. Tasted a couple of their whiskeys. A smaller operation but well established in Indiana. I thought the tour was very educational and not boring. Matt did a great job of leading it and hosting us as well. It’s awesome how almost all of the operation is done from Indiana products. Got two bottles to take back home! If you’re around the area it’s worth the time to drop in. Thanks Matt and The Indiana Whiskey Company