See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I have never been more disappointed in a hotel! This hotel is loacted near the airport and within 4 miles of ND but in a very questionable section of South Bend. We were in a room that connected to the room next door - the locks were broken between the rooms and they had the mini-fridge/microwave up against the door to attempt to stop our neighbors from coming into our room (thank goodness we had very nice neighbors who were as disappointed as we were). The deadbolt on the main door worked if you really worked with it - all of the other locks were barely attached to the door! There was dust/dirt/grime on the ceilings and hanging light fixtures. The floor was disgusting, I would not walk in our room without shoes on! The bedding was in terrible condition and the beds themseleves were horrible. Don't even think of asking for extra towels - you would think you asked for the taj mahal!

We had people begging for money ouside of our room and had cars coming in to the parking area and continuing behind the hotel only to leave a few minutes later.

Sure we paid over $200 per night (I understand supply and demand on a game weekend) but I would not pay $20 per night to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2007

I was on a business trip to South Bend, stayed couple of days at the Econo Lodge. The room was clean compared to some ofther motels of the same price range. Actually room looked the same like the hotels where I paid 50% more. Defenitely worth for the price paid.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank mrright60618
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Yes, we were in town for a football game (as a fan for the visiting team), and we just wanted a bed to sleep in, but the Econo Lodge is hands down the worst hotel that I've ever stayed in. On the up-side the staff seemed nice, especially since they allowed me to receive my last-minute game tickets via FedEx to the front desk. But the rooms were gross and it was in a nasty part of town, not even in walking distance from the bars or stadium. However, it was a relatively cheap room for a football weekend, and I had a bed to sleep in - better than some other fans I knew that stayed in Michigan
or in their cars for the night.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank needcoffee
Reviewed October 16, 2006

Well, at least it's cheap, and that is really the only reason to stay.
We had a small roach problem...we had a lot of small roaches.
Bathroom was old and dirty, toilet in disrepair. It was a stopover for me on a long trip, so luckily I was not in the room very long.
I'd recommend spending another 10 bucks and staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Gingertea
Reviewed October 22, 2005

My husband and I stayed here this weekend for a ND football game. Normally I don't bother writing reviews but this hotel was so bad that I could not wait to get home to write this. Not only did we pay almost $200 per night, but the room looked like it had not been cleaned in years. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting, with brown stains all over the tub and a barely working and horribly leaking shower head. The floor was carpeted yet we were sketchy about walking around without shoes on. All that was available was a smoking room, and neither of us but having stayed in a smoking room at other chains before we did not think it would be a big deal. However, at this place it smelled like smoke was being pumped into the room and everything we brought with us reeked of smoke when we left. I highly recommend not booking a this hotel if possible.

• Stayed: October 2005