“Nice place”

Residence Inn South Bend
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I like the place very much
People are friendly​
Good breakfast and dinner
I like the basketball court
The pool is awesome
The handicap room in 214 best handicap room I have
And Morgan is a very nice lady

Room Tip: There is no tip and the room it is awesome and clean
Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jonale H, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

jamesmM78WS,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback on our friendly staff and sport court. We are working on opening the outdoor pool next month and we appreciate your comments on our Sales Manager, Morgan. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Another hockey tourney hotel. Rooms were fine...once again a pull our couch that was barely passable as a bed. Other than that the rooms were clean, the service was good. Really no complaints. they put up with our hockey team with little to no fuss.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Kevin G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback and do apologize for the pull out sofa. We were glad we could accommodate your hockey team and hope to see you again next year. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

The staff was over the top wonderful especially the clerk at the front desk! The Marriott is lucky to have him. He is perfect for greeting and helping guests and really helpful with answering questions about the area. The main building was nice but the units had some wear and tear. Gas fireplace was nice.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jonale H, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

G1719BUsusanr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback on your recent stay and so glad that Joe was over the top for you. He makes a great addition to our team. We are currently in the process of improving some areas of the hotel including the landscaping and lobby areas. We hope that you will be able to come back later this summer to see our improvements. As always, thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Normally when I travel for work I prefer more of a hotel setting than an apartment style but I enjoyed my stay. I wish I had more time. The Inn is located next to a huge park so you could walk or run instead of using their gym. The breakfast was great and came with a woman who proudly talked about the things she made. It was a nice selection for the health conscious and the not so healthy choosers. My room was nice and quaint. Everything was clean from the room to the refrigerator and utensils. I checked in and out through the mobile app with great ease,but I found the hotel stay friendly and welcoming. The Inn is also located next to a place called the Commons off of Eddy street, which offered some good restaurant choices. If I'm ever in South Bend again I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Jonale H, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Srogersj,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and so glad you found your room clean and a welcoming staff. Ms. Janet in breakfast loves going above and beyond to make a few extra items from the kitchen. We are also glad that you were able to take advantage of the amenities surrounding the hotel, which are all very close. Srogersj thank you again for taking the time to write this for us. Again we thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Very confused to the lack of interest in my concerns to hotel staff. Seemed ok with my concerns shared and did not seem at all concerned with my lack of satsifcation upon check out. Marriott should look further into the value this property delivers to the Mariott name.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jonale H, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Josephbac,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention. We are very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our front desk staff did not quite meet your — or our — expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our check out experience. We thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Great place for plenty of room for our family of 6 people. Nice to have 2 levels and 2 bathrooms. Joe and the front desk was knowledgeable & friendly. Room was clean & newly furnished. Fully equipped kitchen.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jonale H, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Stacey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback on your recent stay. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy our Penthouse. This room is very spacious for a larger family, along with a fully equipped kitchen for those guests staying for long periods of time. Joe has been a great addition to our front desk staff and I will pass along to him your feedback. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I was visiting my son at NotreDame so the Residence Inn is a good choice because it is quite near campus (about a $5 dollar uber ride). The rooms are really spacious, they have a full kitchen, a big sofa bed and a nice big bathroom. I was happy about my experience, the only thing was that now day they forgot to to cleaning service and it was really uncomfortable because I arrived late ant night and nothing could be done about it anymore and I tried calling the main desk and nobody answered. I later learned that the phones were down. The room was a bit noisy, I could hear the people form upstairs walking around early morning. The bed was very confortable and everything looked new, the carpets were clean and the decoration also. I will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CordeliaEJ
Jonale H, General Manager at Residence Inn South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

CordeliaEJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed our quiet location and still less than a mile from the University of Notre Dame. We do apologize for the housekeeping staff and the phone system having difficulties. We hope this did not inconvenience your visit. Again, we appreciate your valuable input and look forward towards your next stay.