“Clean and Quiet”

Days Inn Sullivan
Days Inn Sullivan
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sullivan
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My husband and I were in Sullivan to visit family for three days. We have stayed in Terre Haute many times, but decided we would go ahead and stay in Sullivan this time to cut down on travel expenses. It's hard to touch a decent hotel in Terre Haute for under $100 a night but, I was able to secure a rate of $63 per night at the Sullivan Days Inn. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of our room and the whole hotel. The furnishings are in excellent condition and It was very quiet every night that we were there. We also found the staff to be very friendly. They do not have a pool, but that was not a high priority with us. The breakfast area was small, but had everything we liked - waffles, bagels, muffins, donuts, cereal, coffee and juice. They only serve from 6-9 AM, so make sure you don't lounge around in bed too long!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cpjlaj

Reviewed 1 June 2011

I was in Sullivan on business and decided to stay at this hotel because it was close to my colleague. Stayed on a Friday/Saturday. Breakfast cutoff is 9:00am every day of the week. Arrived at 9:10 and teardown was well under way. When I expressed my displeasure, I was told that "these were the rules", and that there was no-one at the premises who would hear my complaint. I should contact Days Inn. Checkout is at 11:00am. At 11:09 a staff member came to my door and reminded me that checkout was at 11:00am and that if I was not out by 11:30 i would be charged for another day. I recommend making the drive to Terre Haute, where by the way I stayed for 3 more days at the Quality Inn. An excellent value (51.99 with a room saver coupon).

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank andy_bbq
Reviewed 17 September 2007

1. Front Desk Staff Not Professional.
2. Cockroach and two other bugs found in bathroom. 1 small bug found in bed. I understand having a single bug, but this place had many. When there is one, there is a whole family of bugs. They certainly need to spray.
3. Breakfast served Sunny D instead of OJ. Juice machine was not operational. Offered Bagels, donuts, muffins, bananas, and cereal.
4. Desk Chair in room had arms that were very loose. This was a handicap room, and this is absolutely unacceptable.

Days Inn has made a name for itself for being a half star inexpensive hotel.

Another complaint I have is that I was quoted a rate at around 54 dollars. When I got here, my rate was not reserved. I was given a rate of 62 dollars a night. Thanks Days Inn staff! I should have documented the rate I was given over the phone when I reserved.

Hotel appeared to be clean other than that. Unfortunately this is the only real hotel in the area of Sullivan.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank crhobbby1
Reviewed 10 July 2007

As a single Mom traveling with two children I was very concerned when
on our first night stay at the Days Inn in Sullivan a man had a key card to our room and entered at about 1o'clock in the morning. Yes, we had fallen asleep and had forgotten to put the safety lock on. The
man was as surprised as I was. I quickly threw the lock and a call placed downstairs went unanswered to the front desk. The next morning
when speaking with the front desk about the intruder I was informed that this happens occasionally. I was cautioned to make sure I placed
the security lock in place. Later in the day when I again spoke my concerns with the night manager he informed me that he assumed that the man was my husband and when he asked for a key to my room he made
him one. I was even more concerned and informed the manager that I was very disappointed. Was the hotel in the habit of issuing cards to anyone asking for a room key. I was informed that the hotel was independently owned and no further satisfication was offered. In addition to this major safety concern the breakfast consisted of Sunny Delight and a box of donuts! While they had a juice dispenser it was not in use and the coffee urn was empty.

We found the rooms nicely remodeled and clean but when asking for a vanity light to be replaced because it was burnt out it took 5 calls and two days before we were moved across the hall to a different location.

Please be careful if you stay at this location, it is right off the interstate and safety should be a concern.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank azblueidblonde

Been to Days Inn Sullivan? Share your experiences!