Hampton Inn Terre Haute
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Terre Haute(Terre Haute)
View Hotel
Terre Haute Inn(Terre Haute)
View Hotel
Pear Tree Inn Terre Haute(Terre Haute)
Comfort Suites(Terre Haute)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desk staffcomplimentary breakfastnext morninga great stayconvenient locationoff the highwayin townthe breakfast areawould recommend this hotel to anyonefitness centerindoor pooldefinitely stay here againvery nice hotelwafflesparking lotstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2012

If you frequent Hampton Inn, you know what to expect, and this property provides that same consistent experience.
The property is extremely clean, fresh, and up to date.
While this isn't the MOST current Hampton Inn design, it is up to date, well maintained, and brand consistent.
The front desk staff was extremely friendly, efficient, and helpful.
The check in process was very smooth and friendly.

The hallways are nice and wide, the property doesn't feel tight and squeezed like some older Hampton Inns do. It was very easy to move my bags in and out.

I had plenty of hot water both mornings, the beds are extremely comfortable, the beds are extremely clean, and the room had a nice fresh smell - which is a huge indicator that the property is clean as it wasn't a powerful chemical air freshener smell. It smells like home!

Breakfast was great - hot and fresh. They had both waffles and hot oatmeal with toppings and such. The hostess was very helpful and friendly - she saw me looking for syrup, knew I was looking for syrup, and handed me.... syrup! Perfect! Simple things like that really make you feel welcome at a hotel.

The only downside to the hotel - the crows! UGH! The city of Terre Haute has a resident flock of bullies! These ominous black birds seem to adopt the Hampton Inn as their home overnight - each night. The result is mounds of high fiber bird droppings on your vehicle in the morning. However, if you don't park next to the building you don't have to worry about it. No lie - I had at least 40 massive piles of bird droppings on my car - YUCK! BUT, like I said - the solution is easy enough.

There are a ton of hotels right around the Hampton Inn, Terre Haute - and while I'm sure there are a few hotels that are equally as nice - I've stayed with other Hampton Inns so many times before, you know exactly what you are going to get, and you get exactly that - and more!

I usually book direct through their website, however I went through priceline this time and it was a great deal!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid highway noise on the front of the building that faces the interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank admit_it
connorysh, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in great Customer Service and appreciate when someone takes the time to recognize when we get it right.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Location was only convenient to off ramp heading north on I-70.
Location was very inconvenient if you made several trips in and out of hotel for shopping, restaurants, etc.
Room was okay, but not what I expected from a Hampton - could have been cleaner.
Several rooms of teenage girls, apparently in town for some event, running the halls, yelling, shouting, playing in elevator - mgmt did nothing. Girls were in and out of the pool, barefoot, water all over the lobby floors, elevator, mgmt did nothing. (Neither did any of the parents!!!)
Disappointed - enough other places to stay in Terree Haute, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed here for $ 59.95 by using a coupon found in a booklet in an interstate highway rest area. The bed was nice and there were pillows of different height, an appreciated option. There was a nice comforter on the bed, but it was manufactured in a way that allowed its filling to shift, so it was unevenly warm. There was a bath tub, but the faucet mechanism was permanently locked on "shower." Water pressure fluctuated, and there was no hot water when we tried to take a shower at about 11:00 PM. The "hot" water was not even warm. The hotel is a large one and features a swimming pool on the end opposite our room, so I went to the swimming pool changing and bath room just to see if the other side of the hotel had hot water. No, it did not. By morning the system had recovered enough to provide warm, but not hot, water. Nice room, good bed, and the room heater worked. Excellent television, that looked like it was HD. Breakfast was way above average, with plenty of tables for seating and a helpful attendant. I told the desk clerk there had been no hot water, and he said they knew this was a problem and were working on it. Work must be slow, because I have seen a review from 2009 saying there was no hot water.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel on our recent stay. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was nice and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsMeyerMusic
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My wife and I recently spent a night at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. We are Hilton Hotel members and that's why we chose this hotel over the others at this location. From checking in to checking out there were no problems. When I'm just looking for a place to stay the night I don't really care if it's an older property. What I want is quick check in, a clean room, and a good breakfast the next morning. This Hampton Inn provided everything with no hassles. The room ( a King) was huge, one of the largest single rooms I've ever stayed in. There was a large desk and chair as well as a recliner and a sofa bed. The bed was comfortable with 4 pillows. The bathroom had a sink area separate from the shower so 2 people could use it at the same time. There was a mini-fridge and a microwave, although I didn't use either. Also helpful was the free Wi-Fi. As far as access from the road, it is not as easy as some other hotels in the area but it certainly is worth the effort.
Also helpful was the special weekend rate I received as an AARP member.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying overnight in Terre Haute.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family