All reviewsthe holiday innfront deskfresh fruit selectionplatinum memberfree weightsfree breakfastseparate sitting areaoatmealliving roomin townexercise roomcomfortable roomsthe ac unitpool and hot tubextra towelshotel is cleanparking lot
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

We arrived after midnight after being on the road all day. We found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable, which is exactly what we needed after a long day. This appears to be an older hotel that has been recently renovated. I believe it being an older hotel is a big reason why it was so sound proof. We stayed next to another family that was dealing with some upset infants/toddlers and the only reason we knew about it was that we were getting into our room at the same time the front desk attendant was bringing them more pillows and sheets. It was so nice to have privacy from other visitors on the same floor. My fiancé's only complaint would be that the air conditioning unit causes a low frequency hum in the wall by where you put your head to sleep (I could actually only hear it when my head was on the pillow). This bothered him, but I was so tired I didn't mind it. Coffee was quite good. Didn't have a chance to try much of the free breakfast since we slept in. Seems like a good location with plenty of food options nearby. We will definitely stay here again. This is a much quieter exit than the one an hour west in Effingham.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank weathergrl123
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

This visit was marred by a strong sewer odor in the elevator section of the hotel- all 3 floors --- which the staff refused to acknowledge- I would guess caused by a blocked sewer vent stack.
We reported to 3 staff members who all blamed occasional bad odors on local businesses. Also, our room would not cool properly- glad it was not too hot. Desk Staff not particularly friendly

We always try to stay at this Marriott property when visiting Terre Haute, when rooms are available
This is first time we have experienced issues

Very nicely decorated and clean quiet rooms. Well landscaped and maintained.

Very nice simple breakfast bar overall - including boiled eggs-
No waffles. no bacon/sausage. Oatmeal vey disappointing- seemed to just have water poured over dry oats in warmer. Actually had been cooked on second day - maybe leftovers ?

Felt safe walking in area to nearby shopping and strolling nearby neighborhoods

Would still pick this location for next visit based on prior experiences

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat T
Reviewed April 11, 2017

This is one of the cleaniest hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, quiet and had any accomodation you would expect at a hotel. Very friendly staff and they were willing to put our families close to each other, as there were a lot of us in town for a funeral. We did not take advantage of the pool, but it looked nice. Free breakfast was a nice touch as well. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

We spent one night at the Springhill Suites in Terre Haute, Indiana. Sue was at the front desk and she greeted me as if she had known my for years. The hotel was booked full for the evening with soccer and karate kids and she alerted us to the fact that all of the restaurants in the area would be very busy and she recommended that we make reservations. She informed us that the Outback Steak House, a few blocks away, was offering a 15% discount on food for hotel guests. She made reservations for us and gave us directions to get there without going back out on the city streets. The room was very clean and the bed and the shower were both very nice. While having breakfast the next morning, I commented to my wife the they had labeled the sausage as being spicy, which she cannot eat. The manager heard my comment and said that she would make some non spicy sausage for my wife, which she did. All of the staff were absolutely amazing. By the way, even though the hotel was filled with young kids, we never heard them.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Very clean, well appointed rooms. We took one with 2 double beds, a sofa bed. Plenty of room with fridge, microwave and TV. Located very close to I-70. Also they serve free hot breakfast every morning. The facility includes a small gym, pool and whirlpool (24 hrs)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with 2 double beds
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family