“Steak and Huevos for breakfast !!!!!”

Woodfire Meat Market and Deli
Ranked #31 of 174 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Reviewed April 29, 2018

GREAT FOOD
DO NOT miss the $1 tacos on Monday (yes Monday)
Home made choriso, barbacoa, all of it is great!
BEST part for me - they open at 5am for breakfast and will let me order one of their wonderful steaks (can you say smoked ribeye ?) with any style eggs with beans and rice (or potatos if you prefer)
Take home a dozen tamales and any of their homemade salsa from the cooler by the counter.
OUTSTANDING !!!

Reviewed April 28, 2018

People have been telling us about Woodfire since we moved to Valpo. Idea of Mexican and Greek?
When we arrived we met the owner cooking ribs. Now its Mexican/Greek and BBQ?
We came for taco's...steak for me, chicken for my wife. Had to try the ribs...they smelled so good.
Taco's were great. Plenty of meat/chicken with cilantro and onions. Green salsa was good, red way too hot ( and I like hot). We both agreed that 2-3 tacos would be perfect for a dinner ( $1.75 ea.).
They have beer and wide selection of pop.
The ribs were outstanding. The meat falls off the bone ( we prefer to eat it off). Seems like all ribs in the area fall off. Woodfire's are the best in the area. Great meat, not much fat and we loved the sauce. We assumed it was store bought? Comes with OK fries and baked beans.
One last point which we will do. They sell ribs cooked with sauce in plastic. The owner said you just put them in boiling water for ? min. cut open and eat. We will definitely be doing that for diner.
Why not a 5? The place lacks any decor. They tried.
If you want great food, over the top friendly service all for a price that any budget can afford this is your place. Definitely give them a try.
Only real negative...they close around 8.
Check out cheap breakfast...we will.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Ribeye steak taco dinner was delicious. Plenty of cilantro and onion on the tacos.Beans and rice with the dinner.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

The place doesn't look like much from the outside (if not for the great reviews elsewhere I wouldn't have even tried it), but it's nice enough inside and it's probably the best Mexican food within 35 miles of Valparaiso. Since it was my first visit, I ordered the Mexican Combo which includes (1) Gordita, (1) Taco, & (1) Tamal Served w/ Rice & Beans and a Tamarind Jarritos. The rice & beans were ordinary like every almost every Mexican restaurant, but the Gordita, Taco and tamale were a cut above - better meat and seasoning. You order up front and then they bring out your food, everything is cooked to order, this isn't fast food. Big selection of drinks, but I don't think they had beer or wine. The dining room was much larger than I expected from the outside. I can't wait to go back to try some other entrees!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Don't let the unusual location or eclectic interior fool you--this place serves the BEST TACOS EVER! My friend and I ordered several different types--pork belly, steak, carnitas, barbacoa--all quite excellent. Have the tacos with just a sprinkling of cilantro and onions to fully appreciate the quality of the meat and corn tortilla. I can't wait to go back and try the Greek food next!