“Authentic Mexican Food and Atmosphere”

La Mexicana Market and Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 174 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We went there for breakfast after church Sunday. The atmosphere and the food was authentic Mexican. The food was delicious! Enormous portions! Great service! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Hands down best tacos in porter county. Carnitas is my favorite. Enchiladas, tamales, tortas, flautas are all excellent as well. I always grab some pan dulces on my way out too.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I come here most often for the market. They have the best avocados in town (the big chain grocery stores are unreliable in this regard). They also have good cotija cheese, crema, homemade salsas and other specialty items. The customer service is excellent. I only ate here once. The food was great value. The tortas were very good.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

This restaurant in the market has a wide variety of tacos, all made with market fresh ingredients. There are many that are usually found only in restaurants that mainly serve the local Mexican population.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

My family and I go here about once a week. The food is awesome. Large portions and good variety to pick from off the menu. There is also a little grocery store with this restaurant. The prices are great for the amount of food you get.