“Friendly, clean, budget-friendly home-cooking, large portions,”
Review of Viking chili Bowl

Viking chili Bowl
Ranked #29 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 5, 2017

I don't agree with the person who said it's a greasy spoon. Just a nice down-to-earth, well-kept family diner with very friendly service. Don't expect gourmet or anything fancy. Simple but tasty, and a simple price. Large selection and willing to customize your order. We especially like their ham and take some home if we don't eat it with our meal. Bean soup is excellent when they have it. This time I had Denver omelet and asked to have tomatoes added, came with 2 side choices. See pictures. Hubby and son had hot open face sandwiches that filled up the large plate. It is choice of meat over mashed potatoes and bread, with gravy (my son gets his with fries instead of potatoes) comes with soup or salad. Got so stuffed we had to take some home, along with a plate of ham. Wish they didn't close at 3pm. Never had to wait for a seat, but does get busiest Sunday 12-1

1  Thank Linda F

Reviewed February 6, 2017

stopped in for breakfast on our way to shop and was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. The place was very clean, good customer service and a delicious breakfast at reasonable prices.

Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Food and service are excellent esp. Breakfast and lunch. Homemade biscuits. Great coffee...senior menu too.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

Don't set your expectations too high. It's a decent breakfast at a reasonable price. The chili is, oddly enough, probably the worst I have ever had, though I know people who love it.

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

One of my favorites in Valpo. Great food, friendly service and nice place to eat and relax. I had the cinnamon swirl French toast and my wife had the strawberry pancakes. Food came out quickly and was terrific. Love going here.