“It's a Valpo tradition!”

Valpo Velvet Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Valparaiso
Reviewed July 24, 2016

We make it a point to get our Valpo Velvet fix whenever we visit. The place has a charming decor, with brightly painted chairs themed to the many flavors of ice cream they offer. The menu boards on the back wall are almost overwhelming, but after a little while I found some unique flavors and had a sundae. The ice cream is good and there are many tasty flavors available. It's crowded at times, and with good reason. Oh, and the people that work there are personable and make you feel like a local.

1  Thank DrummerElders

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Busy place and can feel crowded but the ice cream is great. Numerous ice cream flavors from the typical to their own creations. They also serve sandwiches. The menu was a bit overwhelming with all they have to offer. Hometown classic and worth a visit.

1  Thank redmon05
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

My daughters and I had really looked forward to getting a treat here, so drove the 25 minutes from our hotel.

The quality of what we ordered was good, but it was cramped and crazy busy. So-so seating and s cramped patio were our choices. Overall, I wouldn't consider it a "must go" sort of place.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

This place has ice-cream, shakes, and anything sweet! Lots of different flavors that keep you coming back for more. The staff are incredibly helpful and nice! I also know the owners to be great people so I appreciate a good business with good owners! Stop by for a sweet treat!

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Yep, a great place to stop for a "cool" treat. Plenty to choose from, and the ice cream is tasting. Will look forward to the next stop.