2,103 results
All reviews french stick french lick resort atrium view balcony room historic hotel sister property pete dye course spa services horseback riding step back in time rocking chairs wet bar historic tour carriage ride free shuttle shuttle service light show
Reviewed December 16, 2017

I have been to the French lick property twice now and enjoyed both stays there so when I made reservations and there was only room available at West Baden I was I little apprehensive, as most of the amenity's are at the French lick resort, casino, ect. But I now I'm a believer that West Baden is more beautiful and the rooms are much nicer. As far as not having as many amenity's as French Lick Springs it was not an issue because the shuttle service to the casino and French Lick in general was excellent! Over all I love the French Lick area both resorts are from a forgotten time that we don't see in our cookie cutter throw away world we live in now. there's not as much entertainment as Las Vegas or Orlando but if you want something a little more layer back try west Baden or French lick.

Room Tip: Balcony from our room overlooking the atrium was so beautiful!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

If you want to party and gamble, go to the French Lick hotel side of the property. There is a shuttle free to guest, and a neat train that goes between. The West Baden side is more of a step back in time when people would go to a hotel to simply relax and sit around. There are some really nice areas to relax.

The architecture, especially the dome which is a great sight to see, can take some real time to see and do. Think 1900s!

Places to eat, great spa with sulfur baths and plenty of places to stroll on the property. While a step back in time, the WiFi is amazingly fast.

Very nice place and a good time to relax.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ptrzop
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Beautifully restored historic hotel. The spa was exceptional! The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. Food and service in restaurants was flawless. Would highly recommend for a family or couples getaway.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2017

The hotel in itself is incredibly gorgeous! It makes you wish you grew up in those times. My friend and I stayed for just one night for a quick getaway. I would love to spend a week here and just relax and enjoy the surroundings and all of their amenities. They are a bit pricey, but well worth the extra money. All the staff were incredibly friendly and had the historic knowledge of the area. We took the free shuttle to French Lick Casino, just a few blocks away, and loved the Christmas lights and decor of the land surrounding both places. The only drawback to West Bade is the size of the rooms. We could not get a suite overlooking the Atrium. We had an outside room w/King bed. The view was very nice which overlooked the Christmas lights outside. But the room was VERY small. You could not get a wheelchair in the doorway of any of the rooms. They were very narrow. I was disappointed in the room size. I asked a few employees if all of the rooms were this small. They told me "Yes, except for the Suites", which are priced a lot higher. The room was way too cramped for my liking, but still a beautiful room. If you stay at this hotel, take in all the activities, spa treatment, pools etc... they have to offer, and definitely book a Suite overlooking the gorgeous atrium rooms with a balcony.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

West Baden is fabulous and the completed restoration is perfect.
Has to be one of the US's best landmarks for anyone's bucket list of places to visit.
Thank you, we enjoyed ourselves every minute of our stay, again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple