“Wonderful Gyros”

Parthenon Greek American Grill
Ranked #16 of 144 Restaurants in West Lafayette
Reviewed August 20, 2016

Love going here to have gyros. Yes they have other foods but I enjoy the gyros so much I just want to eat them. To me it seems that they melt inyour mouth. Yummy!

Reviewed April 20, 2016

My wife and I stopped in for dinner. We saw about making a sandwich into a meal and thought it was priced to do that. When they rang it up the bill was more than expected. It was our fault for not understanding what we were reading. When I took the time to read it, it does say the extras are extra in price. The food was very good and we enjoyed it.

Jim P, Owner at Parthenon Greek American Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

I am sorry for the misunderstanding but am thrilled you enjoyed your meal! Thanks for supporting our family owned business.

Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Went with a group for a casual dinner with colleagues. The food all received good to rave reviews from our group. I tried the pita (the freshest and best I've ever had!) and the Parthenon Original burger. The burger was very good, especially because it was served on their freshly made pita, but also due to original seasonings and toppings giving it a uniquely Greek flair. I wish it would have come with fries or something, but sides are extra.

The only thing I can ding the Parthenon on is service. I've experienced this method before - order up front, get a number, have it served to you later - but the servers all seemed very confused. One tried to serve us another table's meal. Another took about 15 minutes to being my my drink (while eveyone else was on a refill). The food all came out very staggered, with no sense of order, and one of the first of our group to order didn't get his food until everyone was half done eating. This,can definitely use some improvement - perhaps all servers need some better training.

Overall though, the food is good and I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 22, 2016

I tried the combination plate. Pastitsio was good, and gyros meat was flavorful. Homemade tsatziki sauce was a little bland. Moussaka was not my favorite-- i have eaten better. Good family atmosphere. Combination plate was about the most expensive on the menu, at about $15 for the dinner. They had less expensive meals, and serve both wine and beer.

Reviewed January 17, 2016

I was there once, and the food is terrible. My problem might be that I have actually eaten good Greek and Mediterranean food, or that the tastes of most people living in Lafayette and West Lafayette consider meat loaf fine dining.

The fact is the food is bland, poorly prepared, an just not good in general.

And considering that we actually do have two other restaurants in the area that do serve good Mediterranean food, I wonder why they are still in business.

Skip this place and go to the Olive House or Blue Nile if you actually want some quality food.

1  Thank Henry D