“I will be returning!”

Nine Irish Brothers
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nine Irish Brothers is an award-winning traditional Irish pub--recently named the Best Irish Pub in the State of Indiana by Yelp and Buzzfeed--with two convenient locations in Greater Lafayette, Indiana, and a third location in the heart of Massachusetts Avenue in Indianapolis. Our family-owned-and-operated restaurant serves premium Irish food and spirits and has a full bar and menu, with items ranging from salads to steak to Irish favorites such as Guinness Stew, Shepherd's Pie, and Fish & Chips. Well-behaved patrons of all ages are welcome from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., unless circumstances prohibit minors (e.g. large, rowdy bands). Nine Irish Brothers is proud to be smoke-free. We also feature live Irish entertainment on most weekend nights. We take reservations for parties of six or more people.
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere at this establishment is very enjoyable. Although it is mainly bar, it is a very calming and relaxed place. Our waitress was very attentive to us. She was extremely polite. I had the shepherds pie, as did my fiancée and we both enjoyed it immensely. The only thing I did not care for was the lobster bisque soup. Even the rolls/bread that came with the meal were divine. I say worth the money to feel well taken care of at this restaurant.

pumrose, Owner at Nine Irish Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you, Rebecca! We appreciate taking the time to review us! I've found with the lobster bisque that people either love it or hate it--sorry you were the latter. Next time try our corn chowder--devine! Slainte!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This is a popular place in the area but I don't particularly like the menu as it is Irish food and the seats are uncomfortable for me. Most of the seats are stools or benches and they aren't comfortable for me. I'm a senior and I think this place appeals to the younger crowd. It is close to the campus of Purdue so students like to hang out there.

pumrose, Owner at Nine Irish Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Hi Kristen. Thank you for your feedback. We are indeed a traditional Irish pub with furniture purchased from Ireland and with an authentic Irish menu. I'm sorry you couldn't find something you like to eat. In addition to our traditional fare, we have several sandwiches, such as a BLT, hamburger, chicken sandwich, and grilled tenderloin, as well as entrees, such as steak, chicken, and salmon that are of the American variety. You may want to try one of those dishes next time you're in; likewise, you may find our patio seating to be more suitable than the stools, booths, or chairs we have inside. Hope this helps, and thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyable pub food with large portions I had a salad and half an order of fish and chips. That was more than enough for dinner. A fun pub experience but can not say it was excellent.

Thank you for the review--we will do our best to make sure next time is excellent! Slainte!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I've eaten in pubs across Ireland and this is as close to the real thing as you will ever find on this side of the pond. The Guiness tastes just as good as in Ireland!

pumrose, Owner at Nine Irish Brothers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

That means a lot to us--we try to get across the pond as often as possible! Thank you for your patronage! Slainte!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This place gets high marks for a reason. The food, service, atmosphere and beer selection is fantastic. If I had to find something wrong...it would be limited parking. But, that is it. We were visiting Purdue for a week and went here two times. I wish it had been 3. The fish & chips, burgers,and shepherd's pie are all really tasty. But, the mussels are something you have to try...I couldn't get enough of the sauce/liquor. So yes, give it a go and soon if you are in a 10 mile radius. Oh yeah...and the boys wear kilts.

Ha! They do indeed--so do the ladies! Thank you for giving us a try--we're glad you found us! Slainte!