“Always a Selection of Fres Baked and Interesting Treats”
Review of Urban Pastries - CLOSED

Urban Pastries
Cuisines: European
Reviewed January 6, 2017

Love to stop in to this shop for a great coffee and wonderful fresh baked pastries. The selection of pastries always provoke hard decisions. There is also a lovely sitting area with comfy chairs to sit in should you want to visit here with friends or just chill on your own.

Reviewed November 15, 2016

Went to Urban Pastries using a Groupon certificate. Got two soups, two crepes and two large pastries. Wife had the lentil soup while I opted for the cabbage. I won that round. The Cabbage soup was full of veggies with a sweet taste to the cabbage and a hint of cumin. Very good. Wife's lentil was good but a little bland. She pulled ahead on the crepe with a honey and goat cheese that was fantastic (I still have the fork marks in my hand from trying to sneak a second taste, worth it). I went with a more traditional ham and cheese which was good but again, a little bland. The pastry round was a dead heat. She had a cream cheese danish which was one of the best I've tried. I didn't feel bad about it as I had a blueberry bear claw that was light and flaky perfection. We took both home as the soup and crepe was surprisingly filling. Service was great, atmosphere was like a European coffee shop with lots of comfy chairs and small tables. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 8, 2016

We were on our way to do a bit of shopping and we stumbled upon this most fabulous crepe and pastry shop. Tucked away in an outdoor shopping center is a five-star find! We opened the door and were immediately transported to a place far from Indiana. The sights and aromas transformed what could have been a harsh commercial space into a European Pâtisserie. The array of pastries was vast and included both sweet and (my favorite) savory. The crepe griddle was warmed and ready and it took a very little time for the delightful lady behind the counter to prepare a smoked salmon and Tzatziki crepe which was large enough for two of us to share. The flavor was every bit (and more) of what we expected. The salmon was delicate and fresh and the Tzatziki sauce a cool counterpoint to the warm crepe. Rarely have I had a first visit with an establishment that so favorably impressed. A nice side portion of an Israeli salad was both a surprise and a treat.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Nice little cafe tucked in a mall area at Hazel Dell and 146th. Nice for breakfast, lunch or an afternoon snack. Go there regularly.
Their pastries, sweet or savory, are yummy.

Reviewed January 23, 2016

We got there after lunch so the selection was limited in terms of sweet pastries, but they do offer a nice selection freshly made crepes. I opted for a chocolate filled croissant to eat there and a savory mushroom croissant to take home. Great choices! The pastry is wonderfully flakey and fillings were delicious. My friend ordered a banana Nutella crepe and it was a thing of beauty. She raved about how good it was the entire time she was eating it. I will definitely be back!