“smelly and dirty”
Review of Super 8 Bettendorf

Super 8 Bettendorf
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bettendorf
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Room was smelly and dirty. Better places within a few blocks. I would not recommend. Had to change room late at nite when I found bed bugs in the room. The room they changed me to was just as bad and had bed bugs also.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mojocat27

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Got here quite late and after checking in got into room and found it to be very clean (floor, bed inen etc), even the bathroon was pretty much spotless. The staff were very friendly and answered all my questions. In the morning, we went for breakffast and found the orange juice and waffle mix had run out, but before we said anything, the staff refilled them. Overall we were very pleased with the motel and the price and would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was very pleased with the hotel for the money it was a great deal. The room was clean and no odd smells. I had even forgotten my laser mouse, and the manager loaned me his for 2 evenings. The staff was very attentive to my needs during my stay and even washed a jacket for me. The breakfast was good with a variety of cereals, muffins, and even eggs and sausage. I will return to this hotel

Room Tip: I just asked for a room to do work in the evening, and the manager had me in a nice room with a flat...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2011

our first room was very dirty and had bed bugs then they switched us to another room it was also very dirty and had bed bugs also. We will also never go to this hotel again and i will never reccomend it. we left and went to another hotel

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Cassie G
mac890, Owner at Super 8 Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

We have a major pest control company inspected the entire property once a month for the last 10 years and so far they have NEVER found any signs of bed bugs. The last inspection was on 11/04/2011 with the same results NO BED BUGS. We also are inspected by the local health dept this is a yearly inspection which was done on 11/08/2011 and they also found no signs of bed bugs. Both of the reports are kept on the property and i will be more then happy to show any future guests who requests a copy of both the reports. We keep the property very clean and to the very high standads required Wyndham World Wide.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

My main problem with this hotel was that the room was dirty. When I walked in the first thing I saw a toe or fingernail on the floor next to the bed. The carpet had dirt on it and it had clearly not been vacuumed in a while. The recliner had a large cigarette burn in it iand white fuzzies that need to be vacuumed off. The sink did not drain and it made shaving very difficult. The shower was old and the water pressure wasn't great but it worked and the water was warm. The bed was very comfortable and the mattress was a pillow top style. The air conditioner didn't work all that great but it was very hot outside and it had to work hard. The side door did not secure so the hotel was open to anyone from an unmonitored entrance. Also when I arrived there was a single-person pup tent on the grass next to the side entrance which I found odd. I had stayed in a different hotel the night before which is right across the street and it was very nice and cheaper than this one. I wont stay here again just because of the dirty nature of the hotel.

Room Tip: Use Hotwire to find a great deal in this area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We were coming through and needed an inexpensive place to stay for the night. We got what we paid for $74 after tax for a room with a king size bed, mini fridge, microwave, and tv that only showed colors in blue/pink/purple hues. If this wasn't a quick day trip, we would have planned to spend money on something nicer. There was stray hairs in the bed and the bathrooms were very small. Needs and update for sure!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We were to receive six nights of trip rewards for our stay. They did not give us any. Have never had that happen at any other Super 8. The hotel smelled moldy, and was not that clean. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry M
mac890, Owner at Super 8 Bettendorf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

I was very surprised by this guests review it was the compleat oppsite to what he said to me during his stay. Every time i saw this guest in the hallway or in the morning at breakfast ,when he had returned to the hotel how his stay has being so far and each time he would complement me on how hard we worked to keep the hotel clean ,how welcoming we where every time to saw them,how as he put it " YOU DO IT ALL" as i was cleaning rooms in the morning. At know time did he complain about the clealyness of the hotel and the morning he checkout we once again asked how his stay was and he replayed " this is one of the best super 8 we have stayed at and we will be back". I thanked him and told him i look forward to the next time he stayes with us. As for the rewards points the where given to him on Sept 5 2010 as comfirmed by our rewards team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bettendorf
0.2 km away
5.6 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
0.2 km away
Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities

Been to Super 8 Bettendorf? Share your experiences!