I booked my daughters birthday party there and chose to reserve two rooms way in advance of the date. Check in is not until three so when arriving right around 3:05pm; was greeted by a desk clerk who seemed to enjoy flirting with the owner more than checking us in. When I went to actually finally check in the rooms that had been reserved and actually placed on my card until I got there on the day to pay with cash, was NOT available. So, here I was with multiple kids in toe and more arriving (by the way that you have to pay extra for when they want to swim per child.)Lucky for this hotel it was too late to change the plans or I would have. Seems they had booked the room out months ago to a couple who was living there and had done for some time now. They were not willing to move to a different room (who the owner had said would the week before.) Needless to say I had to take two different room that were side by side and not joined as it was booked in the first place. So besides having to run back and forth all night with little girls; the pool was FREEZING and SMALL! The "SPA" was Luke warm at best. No fan or cooling possible in the room. Had to bring us a box fan because it was so warm in the room and freezing out in the common area of the hotel. POOR ownership! You would think with what they charge for the rooms they could afford to heat some areas and have away of setting your own temp in your room. Can't tell you much about the Tiki bar. I heard it was nice but never got the chance with running from room to room all night because of their HUGE MISTAKE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 61 North and Mt. Pleasant St (Rte 34), the Howard Johnson Burlington is next door to the Catfish Bend Casino and Burlington Bees Stadium and close to Fun City Family Water Park. In addition to our friendly staff and top notch service, you will find 2 indoor heated swimming pools, a hot tub/whirlpool, 4 large banquet halls for weddings, meetings and parties. Our Poolside weddings are unique. We provide full catering services. We have a Tiki bar and Lounge. All our guest rooms have flat screen 32 inch LCD TVs with Free HBO, Microwaves and Refrigerators. We offer Complimentary Breakfast, Free High Speed Wireless Internet Access. Our Bridal and Honeymoon suite is a beautiful addition with Jacuzzi and a 40 inch LCD HDTV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Burlington Hotel Burlington
- Howard Johnson Burlington Iowa