“Great place to stop over”

Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stopped here for one night after coming down from Canada. The staff were vert friendly and accommodating. This is a very typical HI with the room being very tidy and clean. The beds were great with nice pillows. Breakfast was very nice and kept the whole family happy. Would definitely recommend. Restaurants close by if need a bite to eat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 5KiwisinOz
HIEBRGIAGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel on Tripadvisor. The staff takes pride in providing our Guest with the service they have come to expect with the Holiday Inn Express Brand. We love hearing that we succeeded in providing an overall excellent stay for you.
We look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was staying there with my 3 kids and when we went down for breakfast in the morning we came accross a wonderful employee Sheryl! She was cheerful and helpful and offered to change to TV channel to a more kid friendly one. You could tell she liked her job and it showed in how she was taking care of others. Sheryl was a good example to my kids of how customer service should be and how to treat others respectfully!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HIEBRGIAGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I shared this with Sheryl this morning and she was so excited. She truly cares about our Guest and ensures that everyone she comes in contact with is recognized and appreciated. She exemplifies the true meaning of Customer Service at our hotel.
We look forward to accommodating you in the future. Enjoy your day!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife, father-in-law, and I went to Burlington, Iowa for my 60th birthday and to see my home town. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, located at 1601 N. Roosevelt Ave. We were met by a gracious and professional front desk clerk. Our room was great. It was amazingly clean and well equipped. We were provided with snacks to take to our room upon check-in, which was earlier than the check-in time by two hours. The hotel is in a very convenient location, which enabled us to tour the city and navigate to the hotel with ease.

The night prior to checking out, I left the lights on the car all night to return to a dead battery, of course. Sheryl, an employee of the hotel, who should also be a manager due to her knowledge of the hotel, her incredible sense of professionalism and customer service, as well as her knowledge of the city, was informed of the car situation. Sheryl went way out of her way, certainly above and beyond the call of duty, inquiring of all the employees as to possessing a pair of jumper cables. Sheryl located an employee who had cables and placed that employee in touch with me. Once receiving the jumper cables, Sheryl retrieved her personal vehicle and allowed me to use her vehicle to jump start my car. While I was jump starting my car, she spoke with my wife and entertained my 86 year old father-in-law. Once my vehicle was assured to operate, she bid us a great fairwell.

I cannot speak of anyone who has been so gracious and helpful. Had Sheryl not been there, we would certainly have had to engage a tow service. Our hats are off to Sheryl and to the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Express, reaffirming why we utilize Holiday Inn. We hope that Sheryl learns of this review as she deserves acknowledgement for her actions!!! Sheryl made our departure end on a high note and gave us plenty of reasons to be thankful for her service!

Room Tip: Just speak to the front desk clerk. It was apparent their staff will do everything possible to ensu...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ibacubfan
HIEBRGIAGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

WOW! Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I had the honor as Sheryls Manager to read her the review. She teared up and wanted to express how thankful she was. As a Team we pride ourselves in giving our Guests the BEST stay and we are so happy that we delivered this to you.
We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Clean rooms and facility, fantastic free breakfast, modern feel, great pool/hot tub, very comfortable beds and rooms. Extremely near everything such as casino, fun city, and restaurants are all across the street.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HIEBRGIAGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about our hotel. The staff and I love to see when we did everything right for our Guest. We look forward to accommodating you again!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I have been staying here since Sept. of 2011 off and on and have had an excellent stay each time. The rooms are large and clean. Front desk staff is excellent. They are professional, prompt and friendly. Jordan, Susan, Carie and Amy (Hotel manger) have gone above and beyond to make my stays away from home as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for the amazing response! I shared this with the entire Team and it made everyones day. Of course a Manager is only as good as their Team and I have one amazing staff here at the hotel
We love having you as our Guest and appreciate the valuable feedback.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have stayed here several nights and have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
HIEBRGIAGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful experience at our hotel! We love taking care of our Guests and value your business. Enjoy your day!

Reviewed 23 November 2011

This month was the second time I stayed at this HIE. Burlington is small so there is not much variety, but I would have picked this place no matter if there were more choices. I was on the back of the building and was not bothered by any noise behind us. I always take a white noise machine, so that helps no matter where I stay. I have found this HIE to be (usually) quiet and very convenient. It is clean and well maintained, I had almost no problems with the hotel at all. I don't like the CFC lights by the beds (and in other places) but I guess all hotels are doing that now.

The place was mostly booked up with guys who are working on the railroad bridge across the river. They were great-I guess they work all day and then come in and go right to sleep. They were quiet.

On the other hand, do people with children not understand they are disturbing other people when they let their kids run wild in the halls and the room? The last night I was stuck beside some family whose kids evidently thought the halls and room were a playroom. I'm so tired of staying in a hotel and having to listen to noisy kids, in and out the door and slamming against the walls and hollering.

One gripe-the breakfast area is nice, and the food is fine. But for goodness sakes, why in the morning was the TV always on some "urban" sit-com blasting at high volume? Why not put it on the Weather Channel or an all news channel? It happened several mornings I was there, and is really annoying.

I'll be back to Iowa and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jrhusc
HIEBRGIAGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your experience with our hotel. We also value the feedback and suggestions you provided. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Happy Holidays~