See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Have to say that this place is not suitable at all. The pictures don't tell the full story and they were taken when the place was renovated. It's not nice at all and I felt unsafe there but to be fair, there was no specific reason to feel unsafe.

Rate was cheap and bed was clean. Shower was fine but the floor in the toilet was not very hygienic.

I'm sorry I didn't check TripAdvisor before making the booking.

Lesson learned.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to any inconveniences you experienced which led to a low overall score. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Please do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel. I asked to see the room first before staying there and Im glad I did. This hotel has a bad/strong smell of cigarettes, the carpet looked filthy dirty, the room also had a strong smell of cigarette, the beds are not comfortable. the windows looked dirty and the parking lot scary!!! overall very shady motel. we went to another hotel, even though I couldn't cancel the reservation. I wouldn't be surprised if there were roaches around.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

Dear Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2016

First I have to say I am a smoker. The room rate was typical, you get what you pay for. We went for a one-day meeting with my mother and brother so we took the room so my mother would not suffer much for the trip back and forth on the same day, but I think it was a bad choice because the whole building had a very strong smell of cigarette smoke, including my smoking room that is no excuse for being a smoking room. The bedspread had 3 or 4 large burn marks. If you can stand the strong smell and want to save money this motel is right for you. It has places nearby to eat and drink. No free breakfast as listed on Trip Advisor. Wifi is acceptable. We had a room that apparently had not been cleaned for a long time, Smokey smell is unbearable and was unable to open a window and help with the fresh air. We found some cockroaches in the room as well as many flies. I would not advise going to this place or my most terrible enemy. This is a totally unhealthy place.

Room Tip: This is a totally unhealthy place.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Monica A, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay at Motel 6.

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

$50/night, if you need a place to sleep and shower this is not a bad option. The room was relatively clean, the staff friendly and at this price point you can't ask for much else. Bare bones room of course, no mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc. There is a McDonald's directly adjacent and it is literally a couple of minutes from hwy 380.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2016

Rick,
We are sorry that you were unsatisfied with the expected amenities; however, Motel 6 standards for quality are rooted in economical practicalities to consistently deliver on our goal to provide the lowest price of any national chain. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2016

First I have to say I am a smoker. The price for the room was fare, you get what you pay for. The whole building had a very strong smell of cigaret smoke including my non smoking room. The bedspread had 3 or 4 large burn marks. If you can get past the strong smell and you want to save money this motel is ok. Places near by to eat and drink.

Room Tip: Ground level was not as strong smelling.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Monica A, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2016

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the smoke odor issue you encountered. As a non smoker, I too, do not enjoy the sell of smoke. I will share your feedback with my housekeeping team and look for a solution to your problem. I appreciate your feedback . Thank you for choosing Motel 6.