See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 10, 2018

pretty bad place. dont stay here dirty trashy staff are not friendly room smelled pretty bad.
i would recommend staying elsewhere
parking lot was not in bad shape
I would not recommend eating green eggs and ham here

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank momnmaine
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a decent, pleasant stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality, and we regret you felt differently during your stay. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

I am a low maintenance traveler when it come to solo stays. I stayed here knowing that it would not be fancy, there would be no breakfast. My reason in staying here was four-fold:

1) Very very affordable
2) Free WIFI
3) Free Parking
4) Microwave/Fridge

This hotel had all of this. The Cable TV works, Hot shower, and a comfortable bed. So it got the job done for me. My only slight concern was the fact that my room was near the exit door so it was noiser than usual.

All in all I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Request for rooms with Microwave/Fridge as I believe not every room has those amenities.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

The staff are very welcoming and accomodating.
Unfortunately the room was so smoke soiled it was difficult to sleep. The proximity to the airport for s very early flight would be the only motivation to use it again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Have to say that this place is not suitable at all. The pictures don't tell the full story and they were taken when the place was renovated. It's not nice at all and I felt unsafe there but to be fair, there was no specific reason to feel unsafe.

Rate was cheap and bed was clean. Shower was fine but the floor in the toilet was not very hygienic.

I'm sorry I didn't check TripAdvisor before making the booking.

Lesson learned.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to any inconveniences you experienced which led to a low overall score. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Please do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel. I asked to see the room first before staying there and Im glad I did. This hotel has a bad/strong smell of cigarettes, the carpet looked filthy dirty, the room also had a strong smell of cigarette, the beds are not comfortable. the windows looked dirty and the parking lot scary!!! overall very shady motel. we went to another hotel, even though I couldn't cancel the reservation. I wouldn't be surprised if there were roaches around.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Cedar Rapids - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

Dear Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.