After reading some of the more recent reviews on this hotel, we were skeptical about where we were staying but the hotel was booked for us as part of husband's interview with a company in the area. We were promptly greeted and welcomed when we checked in and were given complimentary sodas when we signed up for the free loyalty program the chain offers. We were impressed that the entire property is smoke free, as is almost all of Cedar Rapids!! We did not use the pool or spa but they both looked very nice and the lobby was modern and clean. Our room was huge as compared with comprable hotel chains which rent rooms for similar rates. It had a full kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink. It also had a full-size sofa, upholestered chair, office chair and a comfortale desk.
We especially liked that the desk lamps (all 3 of them) had 2 outlets built into the base of them so we had plently of places to plug in our laptop, phone chargers, etc. The free internet was also very nice and was quite speedy, again compared to other hotel's internet. The office center in the lobby even had a free printer so we were able to print our return airline tickets before checkout.
The beds were nicely appointed and were not the most comfortable, but were average as far a hotel beds go. The bathroom and outer sink area were also very spacious and clean. We loved the full-size, double door closed opposite the sink and the closet doors were mirrored. Few hotel's have full-length mirrors these days and when you are dressing for a formal occasion or business meeting, it is necessary.
We highly recommend this hotel for families, business travelers and any other type of traveler who appreciates being able to stretch out in a hotel room. The breakfast was ample and nothing about it was exceptional (the yogurt was warm) but it did have some features we did not try, like the make your own waffles. All in all, a very pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in nicely with the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North. We are an upscale, ultra modern, extended stay, four story hotel with 82 Studio and One Bedroom Suites, plus meeting facilities, business center, indoor pool and whirlpool. Our signature amenities include full hot breakfast buffet daily and a Monday through Thursday evening managers reception. Here at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson we have all the comforts of home, and then some. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and Booking.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cedar Rapids Hotel Cedar Rapids
- Hawthorn Suites Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Rapids Hawthorn Suites